Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Understanding my Ancestors

Today I called my aunt to have a better understanding of my ancestors.

4 generations ago, my great great grandfather was an official in the Qing Dynasty. My aunt shared that my great great grandpa had a very squarish property that the around the squarish compound were houses. It's called shi he yuan. That's a pretty big house I guess!!!

Then 3 generation ago my great grandfather was a businessman and open supermarket selling western food etc in China and Singapore. As he was rich, my grand father was a scholar and didn't do any hardwork nor learn from his dad the business.

That time great grandfather did donate to Shun Zhong San and was a tong zhi! What that means I no clue!!!

When he died in China, grandfather, from his first wife of 2 girls 2 boys; he was the youngest son, came to Singapore with his wife, my grandma. But as he didn't know how to handle the supermarket, his staff took over and he spent too much time in the political meeting that he lost his business.

My Great Grandpa did had another wife here whom had bored him 7 children, in the ratio 3:4. But no clue girl more or boy. Anyway, all lost contact! During my younger days did visit one of them but now don't know where they are.

My grandfather is just a member in there and after Japanese war, he no more participated in the meeting as livelihood affected.

According to my aunt, she said her dad told them Shun Zhong San had died and someone else took over!!!

From this generation on, they were poor!!!

Around 1960, grandfather passed away!!! He wasn't involved in any political meeting since after the Japanese war!!!

So my ancestors were not in the communist party during Mr Lee KY time!!! He was only a member in China and before Japanese war. By then life was too poor!!!

My aunt shared that my grandpa wrote books about his grandpa time.

And when the book was published, then they would have money. So she said the book was published 100s of times and she said they did managed to sell even the dynasty was no more!!!

I just want to know if my ancestors have any involvement in Mr Lee KY time but no. Only my great grandfather name is in Wan Qing Yuan due to his active participation!!!

My aunt shared that my great grandpa time was during the colonial rule! They were not involved in the new political scene. Aunt said it's 100 of years ago, the olden days!

That's how my ancestor political career ended at grandfather's life and he died 2 years before my dad married my mum.

I don't know why we were under tracking as it was great grandfather time that he was super rich and super active in it to contribute money to help China end.

With business gone, poor, everything come to an end!!!

(PS: One piece of information that Su reminded me was they offered my grandma a bungalow but grandma rejected the gift!!!! I respected my grandma for rejected it as they were not desirable people to be associated with nor indebted to!!! Grandma might be lacking but she had her integrity intact!!!)

So yes, there is some royal blood in me from 4th generation up but 2 generations on, no more!!!

I guess, thanks to my great grandpa name that was still around, we were linked by the tracking group to put us under track as if we are from those that come against them!!!

As the cab driver talked about the communist as if it is related to me but now I can gladly rejected it!!!

Glory Glory!!! Amen Amen!!!

No comments: