Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Social Unrest

Last night, Lord led me to recall a scene in my childhood days.

During those days, when night falls, I would see a group of guys holding sticks on their hands, as they jogged along the road, they would shout at time. Those were the intimidating days of young. Glad that as society progress, I did not see such scene anymore!!!

Usually was my emotion getting the better of me that I would call this ex-colleague aka friend. But last night she made a call to me for the first time!!!

Main topic was the olden days!!!

As I wrote the post of understanding Singapore and the leading of God on Mr Lee Kwan Yew, she called to talk on this topic.

She said her uncle was one of those arrested and he was a decent man!!!

Heard her uncle was a student or union leader.

According to the write out on Lim Chin Siong, if those period of time was a period of great unrest, and if the student group or the union group were holding all these protest and unrest, how decent can one be in that kind of situation???

As my Aunt told me those in opposition to Mr Lee KY were hooligan liked people, she was in that period of time and I am not!!! Of course I trust her account of what she saw!!!

And if what she saw was really happened, of course they will disrupt harmony!!! And thus many of them come under ISD.

I remembered the account in the recent telecast of Mr Lee KY that he and Goh Keng Swee, after an event, went back to parliament still in the behavior of the encounter and this remark of lets them calm down and don't act like a hooligan.

I think the account by my Aunt and of what Mr Lee and Mr Goh said and agreed, tally!!!!

It meant in his rising up years, whom that Mr Lee and team met was those of strong challenging characters that hard to handle!!!

The remark of those that gone through the ISD was Mr Lee Kwan Yew was insecurity and closed them up!!! But I think they were the trouble maker!!!

If there were people that were threatening to peace and keep challenging peace, under such a circumstant where peace was much needed for the growth of the society, and they refused to back off, under no choice, ISD had to be used for the peace of the majority!!!!

I think my grandpa didn't join them after the Japanese war partly he saw the people, not those whom he used to know!!!

Heard from Aunt that due to great grandpa was so rich that grandpa didn't need to do any hard work in his growing up years and he didn't know how to do to take up his dad business. He only wrote books and did clerical work wherever possible. Seem like he was the gentle type.

Thus the after Shun died, he didn't involved much in there anymore. And finally was pretty poor that he did not participate any more!!! Also he died early 60s in age, so was pretty young when he died!!!

And looking at my uncles and aunties, all are/ were the gentle type that I can safely conclude that their parents were too.

And thank God they were the gentle type and did not participate in the uprise!!!!

I thank Lord for letting the 2 generations of my grandpa and my father generation to be lowly!!! And not involved in the hooligan-liked uprise!!!! At least my family tree is being kept upright and good!!!

And I love them all even though we did not keep much in contact!!! But able to talk to Aunt again to learn the family history is good.

At least I have an honorable family tree to call my own. Glory Glory!!! Amen Amen!!!

No comments: