Monday, October 1, 2007

God is on Your Side

Below is a good explanation from my study bible that Lord told me to share with you. Here it goes:

2 Chronicles 32:1-23, “’Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the kind of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.’ And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.”

King Hezekiah knew the king of Assyria was going to attack Jerusalem. It was only a matter of time. So he gathered his advisors and worked hard to build up his defenses and prepare the city. Then he gathered the people and reminded them that no matter the size of the army against them, God was bigger. “And the people gained confidence.” By acknowledging and remembering who God was, they all found strength.

It’s not wrong to be afraid of what you see could happen. That is realism. What is wrong is to not seek God’s help immediately and humble yourself in worship before Him. Among other things, our praise reminds the enemy of who God is and how well we know Him. Always keep in mind that the enemy does not want you to worship God. So every time you attempt to build an altar to God in your life, the enemy will try to stop you.

Have you faced any frightening opposition in your life lately? Have you felt the enemy of your soul waging a full attack against you? Are you sometimes overwhelmed at how little strength and power you feel in the midst of it all? Don’t worry; pray, and remember, “The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

When King Hezekiah faced a strong enemy, he told his people the truth – God is greater. Keep in mind that when you acknowledge and praise God in the midst of enemy opposition, there is far more power with you than there is with the enemy.

Lord woke me up at 6:11am to read my bible, 2 Chronicles. From the reading, I more affirmed that trusting in Him for the spiritual attacks, He will deliver me. I prayed to Daddy God to take over the attacks that were coming on when I was reading the bible and Lord delivered me. I get the peace to read finish this book of 2 Chronicles. Praise the Lord!

Yesterday Lord told me through the sermon of Pastor Prince, “Don’t go to the interactive for naysayer, go for the dream God has for you”. Pastor Prince was pointing towards my direction and said that before he continued with the rest of the sermon. Later in the evening, Su also told me that Lord get her to remind me to read the bible. I also heard Lord told me, “Stephanie, read the bible.” a few times. I managed to spend some quiet time reading it.

It was midnight that I encountered some resistance coming on, I thought of come to this blog to read my Psalm 91. Another of YC ex-staff msn me and told me about going Alpha course again. Aiyoh, she thought that when she and YC get the same message means something. Pastor Prince ever said that majority does not mean they are right, as the 12 spy sent to check out the promise land for Moses, only 2 agrees with the Lord while 10 commented there were giants there.

Luckily Lord had told me about His direction for me. I was at peace and I was glad that when I obeyed Daddy God, Lord spoke loud and clear to me. Praise the Lord! I prayed and requested from Daddy God to bless my sleep. This morning I have great peace, Praise the Lord!

Daddy, thank You for guiding me closely. I will continue to abide in You. I thank You that when I obey You, I can hear Holy Spirit talk to me clearer and louder. Hallelujah! Amen!

No comments: