Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Are you a child of God?

This morning, I was sharing with WK regarding my prayer life. I have live this life this way for don’t know how long. I listened to lots of sermons and picked up along the way, what the pastor said it’s good to them I follow. This is how I get my family covered by Lord’s protection so that devil cannot devour them.

As I was telling WK how to go about it, she told me her HS said that because I gave her a to-do list and devil use it to condemn her for not doing it well enough. Lord in me shared that she is a child, so she could not understand what I am telling her yet. As she grows in Him, she will understand me in due time.

It led me to recall about last Sunday sermon. Pastor Prince shared that Lord disclosed to him that the prodigal son could receive his blessings from the Daddy because he is a son, which means a matured son in Hebrew. His older brother, still live in law covenant, thinking he has been working in the field for the Daddy, should be blessed. Pastor Prince said that those children of God, who are still living under law, they are young children, as such, they could not receive the blessing yet.

Somehow, I am wondering, if WK knows that in Christ, she is the righteous of God, Lord Jesus has removed her sin and Father God does not impute her anymore sin, why is she letting devil make her feel guilty. Lord explanation to me is she is still a young child, as such like what Pastor Prince said, they don’t understand what adult son should know.

This encounter with her make me realise that in future, when I am guiding young children of God, who have yet to realise their sonship with Daddy God in Christ, I must not teach them too much, so that I will not put them into condemnation. I used to wonder why they don’t get me, why they feel condemn instead. With this sermon on mature son and young child, I finally understood.

Daddy God, thank You very much for enlighten me this doubt. Praise Your Almighty Name, Lord Jesus! Amen!

No comments: