Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Training a Disciple

Psalm 103:17-18
'But the mercy and love-kindness of the Lord are from everlasting to everlasting upon those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children --

To such as keep His Covenant [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it] and to those who [earnestly] remember His commandments to do them [imprinting them on their hearts].'

Long ago, in one of the chat I have with Lord, He told me not all who uses His Name and His Son's Name are blessed, called by Him. I was wondering how to see then. Today, Lord leads me to see a sample of it.

Not long ago, a teenager sent me a comment to ask for a particular sermon. As I established a chat with him, I did send the sermon to him and a few more that he wanted. But as the media is preventing folder transfer, I have to transfer him track by track, which is quite time consuming, pulling me away from Lord.

As Lord revealed is rising him, and Lord give me peace to talk with him, I decided to offer my backup of sermons to him. I requested him to come to the LRT station near my home, but he said his parents said no, if at Orchard area would be better.

Today, I made way for him. As I am bringing my mum to buy her wind breaker at Marina Square. I would be going to Orchard to buy something too, and I also bringing my mum to Chinatown to exchange her currency. I thought these few locations would be close enough for him. So I give him my mobile number and off I go.

What frustrated me was I got 3 blocked calls, before I could answer, it was off. There was no way I could reply, so it was frustration for me. This teenager feels that I could continue to transfer the slow way to him and need not meet me, even refused to reveal his phone no to me, make it so secretive!

Many a time, Lord uses people interested in my sermons backup to test them. So far this is the 2nd failed case. Lord did give him interest to preach, even get me to tell him not to flow in pride, to think of I this and I that is a form of pride! Lord was testing him, but he does not know!

Actually, Lord was testing me too. He gave me impression to buy a wind breaker for mum as mum was very cold in her last trip to Korea, He impressed me to buy a new wind breaker for her. Lord even told me those winter clothes shop in the nearby towns wasn't good enough for mum and wanted me to bring mum to North Face to buy.

I was thinking of a S$300 budget and Lord revealed a S$500 budget. But at the shop, the man introduced a wind proof and water proof breaker that costed S$656. Blessed that there was a 10% discount on my credit card and I paid for it even though it exceeded my budget and Lord's budget.

My concern was mum is well protected for her coming trip to Taiwan. I checked the weather and saw the wind speed was even higher than when she was in Korea. Lord was so pleased with me that He commented I exceeded His expectation of me. Glory Glory!

As for this teenager, he wanted me to transfer files to him by his way, he did not know Lord is training him on obedience. To not reveal his phone number to me, it made him so secretive. He said he did not insult me, why I unfriend him in facebook. The fact that he insulted my sincerity in lending to him and making it so easy for him to have it. With that, Lord said he is too proud to be trained and told me to abort.

Years back, also an Indian lady, she said she was nothing originally. But when she knew Lord was rising her up, she was feeling high and mighty and wanted me to deliver my backup to her. As if I owed her something when actually she is borrowing from me, getting a favour from me. In the end, Lord said she failed too.

With today's case, Lord revealed to me in future, as He is rising me up, many will obey out of neccessity. He told me to beware, not all who profess how much they have the knowledge of Jesus is called by Him. Yes, for this teenager, I saw his argument with another lady about the bible in facebook. I was wondering why he was so judgmental.

Today, after realising I unfriend him, he said I must flow in Grace. Well, with the wisdom of God with me, I know that even Jesus submit to His parents at the age of 12 and gained in wisdom. Grace is not about letting myself to be step all over by someone, he gained and I lose.

Abba Father, thank You for Your Wisdom, to see what I could not see. Abba Father, I thank You for leading me in Your Grace and Mercy to know Jesus more and more. Thank You that the above verses are working in my life. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

No comments: