Saturday, July 5, 2008

Parenting in Christ

It’s amazing how life have changed for my parent’s family as compared to their siblings. In the natural, how well one is blessed depends on how good they walk their life. Today at mum’s place, Su and I were recalling our life as kids. My family used to be the lower end of the economic ranking. My uncles and auntie would consider as ‘richer’ than us. In term of personality, my parents were humble persons while the uncles and aunties with more money in their pockets, would be proud to a certain level. In term of treating us, some were nice and some were not.

It’s amazing to see that my parents family, we are blessed somehow from my parents walking close to ‘God’, even though the wrong one. If you consider have family and kids are a good indication, all my siblings are married and we each have our little family.

While looking at my uncles and aunties, even though age is catching up, the nasty one, a lot of my cousins are still single. The not so bad uncle and auntie, their kids are married but both don’t want kids.

Now that Su and I are Christian, we are glad that we could pass the parenting to Lord. Lord has been taking good care of our kids; we need not worry much for their studies. In term of their behaviour, manifesting of the Lord’s hand and plea Jesus blood do help in keep them clear from adversary.

Su and I are glad that Daddy God leads us to New Creation Church. We learn of our rights as a child of God and we followed the teaching of Pastors closely. So far, Lord has been faithful in blessing us.

Today, I heard that an uncle family facing some issues. Their elder son lazes at home and refused to work. Their daughter now mid 30s, and finally asking my mum to help her look for a partner. Even though they are Christian family since young, they come from a traditional church that don’t believe in praying in the spirit and taking their rights as a child of God. They let what adversary shows them affect them and live with it. Hiaz… I did try talking to my uncle about Jesus love and their rights as Child of God. Too bad he prefers to believe what his church has taught him, hiaz…

There is also something that arises from brother family. Brother exposed his kids to violent movie since young. His son is just 2-3 years old, but he is hitting the maid. When he did that, brother doesn’t even react, while sister-in-law just tell the son not to do it, without much serious warning him. I was surprised to hear from Su that brother even allows his 14months girl to kick him. I was telling his maid not to sit there and let the son hit her. Brother reacted strongly that the maid is his and he is the one authorize over her.

I am just sad that he does not care how his kids will turn out in future. But worry so much that I take up his authority over the maid. Lord disclosed to me that in future, when this brother suffered under his kids, then he would come to Lord for help…hiaz…kind of feel sad for him. He chooses to ignore Su and my advice over the kids violence behaviour.

To him, both Su and I are alien, since we both have accepted Christianity and walking closely to Lord. Lord disclosed to Su that she is not to bother about his proud behaviour. Lord said that when He manifests His Glory in Su, she will be high up in the social status while he is in the lowly rank. Hiaz…I feel sad that this brother has his eyes so blocked that he could not see the loveliness of Jesus at all. Guess, like what pastor preached. When one is not sick, they don’t need the doctor.

I will have to let him go through his valley and come to the Lord in the far away future. It’s painful to know that he has to go through that, but hard to save someone that refused to be save just yet. Only in God Time, when he is down and out, then may the Glory of Lord Jesus shines on him and bring him out of his shit. As his sister, I could only wait patiently and let Lord work His way through him.

Blessed the Lord, no matter how down and out we are, He is able to clothes us with the Righteousness of God in Christ and bless our life as we walk towards Him, the Almighty One and yet so Lovely and Loving towards us.

Daddy God, I put my trust in You, not by my might, not by my strength, but by the Spirit of the Loving God, I pass my brother and his wife to you. May You unveil their eyes to see the Glory of Your Goodness. I pray in Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments: