Thursday, July 3, 2008

Love Thy Enemy

Lord Jesus told us in Matthew 5:44 ‘But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.’ And in Matthew 5:46, He asked ‘If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?’

There was once, this person told me that the colleague was troubling her. I told her to pray for this colleague, this person replied that she will not as she did not like her. On further encourage her, for her personal peace, finally she prayed for the colleague. Recently, she told me that a certain relative fighting for inheritance and had troubled her mum. I told her to pray for this relative, she was reluctant to do that. When she disclosed that that relative had indirectly troubled her sister and her, I asked if it is worthwhile to pray for this relative to get peace for her, her sister and her mum. Finally, she said okay.

I thank to Daddy God who blesses me with sensitivity to know that when trouble brews, it’s d behind it, not the person creating the problem. This I have shared with Su, my sister and we usually manifest the Lord’s hand and plea the blood on the person concerned. Usually, we could see a sharp change in the mood of that person, from nastiness to calmness. Isn’t it wonderful if most of us help our dear enemy clears being used by the adversary? Life would be better for us and for others. Praise Lord Jesus for this advice.

Recently, Jc kept mentioning that she missed me in school. I had given her a photo of me to put in her bag, so that she could look at me whenever she misses me. This evening, she proceed to crying about missing me and worrying about next Thursday she has to stay longer hours in school and missing me. She was supposed to sleep and yet she was worrying and crying. Hubby tried to convince her that she will enjoy the 1 extra hour of play program that the school is going to conduct to find out their talent/interest. But she was not convinced.

Lord popped an idea into me and I decided to teach her to cast her worry to the Lord. I get her to repeat after me, ‘Lord Jesus, I am missing my mummy, but I don’t want to miss her. I pass this to You to help me take over.’ Praise the Lord, Lord Jesus takes over from her and blessed her with Peace. With this, she has fallen asleep. Praise the Lord!

Sometime back, I saw hubby argued much with me about information about Jesus. He was very strongly coming against me. From past experience, I know that when a person reacted in very strong emotionally, usually it’s d behind it. After manifest Lord’s hand and plea the blood over him, I could see that he was back to his calm self again.

When trouble brews, be calm and pray for the person that is creating trouble for you to feel troubled. You will be surprise how Lord could change the emotion of that person. Praise the Lord! We just need to flow with Him and He will surely greatly bless us.

May this help you in your daily walk with Lord Jesus. Amen!

No comments: