Monday, July 7, 2008

The Life of a Christian

Generally, I have a pretty happy life before I came to Lord. My hubby earns a well paid job, my girl is cheerful and sweet and I get to stay at home to look after her, surf the net and also do some baking and cooking. What more can I ask?

If not for the adversary, I would not have come to Lord Jesus. Teen time, my cousin did invite us to his church before. At that Sunday, the worship songs were nice to sing and I enjoyed singing. But once the pastor started talking, it was so bored that I wanted to sleep. This is why never ever think of going to church.

My husband came from northern Europe, he was baptized as a baby as his mum thought that he was going to die, being a very pre-matured baby. He survived that but he totally had no feeling for Lord at all. He is still searching all these years. He told me that during his younger days, he read the bible 15-16 times. He did pray to God before. But he claimed that his prayers weren’t answered at all. When he was to confirm his acceptance at the age of 15, he refused to do it, even with the temptation of lots of gifts from relatives.

For me, when my girl’s kiddy principal asked me to go to her church. Hubby told me that to talk to God, need not go to church. I agreed with him. It was later when Lord led me to NCC website and watched Pastor Prince Sermon that I was attracted to get blessed by him that I went to NCC. However, once there, I got suck up by the message from the Lord that keeps me going all these months. Sister and I always looked forwards to go church to hear what Lord has for us.

I remembered that in my early months in Christ, I told Daddy God that I am already having a pretty comfortable life, and I wonder what else He could bless me. Haha…

Now, around 1.5 months more to reach my 2 years in Christ, I have a totally different thinking about Daddy God blessings.

In life, I really thank Daddy for bringing me to NCC to receive the Gospel of Christ that is forever so fresh and so wonderful. Each sermon reveals something new about Jesus to me. This is what keeps me going to church all these while.

Now that I enjoyed the Peace of God, I can never imagine a life without God. In my daily life, there is usually situation that can cause me to worry for the unknown or just leave it to the future. But, in Christ, I can believe in what Daddy God has planned for me and know that my future for me and for my family will be good. Hallelujah!

I feel so blessed that Lord provides such a comfortable life for me. His purpose is to allows me have the time for His words from the sermons and the bible. I am so comfortable staying at home but Daddy God reveals that I won’t be staying at home much in future.

At this moment, I have yet to taste the future life, so I still can’t imagine how He is going to change me. However, Lord has revealed an image of the house that He wants to bless me and I like the image I saw. Praise the Lord!

By learning about the Lord all these 22.5 months, all by His Grace, slowly He opens me to read the bible and now, gives me Grace to meditate His words. Each step of walking closer and closer to Him are all lead by Him and His Grace provides all the lacking. This is how by looking at Jesus; we change from glory to glory. Hallelujah!

From the sermon on 29/06/2008, Secrets of Leadership from the Shepherd King, Pastor Prince said that if ever I become famous, remember Lord put His Splendor on me, the 4 faces of Jesus. I know that when Lord lift me up high and give me good life, it’s all about Him and nothing about me.

Lord is so good in leading me, when I am proud of myself, He will restrain Himself in me so that I know that and have to humble down and get Him to lead me, even in singing worship songs. When I am down, Lord automatically come on and open His voice to let me sing beautifully. Praise Him for leading me from within. Lately, He also shows me some of the pitfall that I should be aware.

Really, it’s easier to manage down and out than in success. It is so easy to take the success and glory as ours. It is so easy to be happy when people praises. But I have to remember it’s the Lord splendor and His Glory that is working in me, and not me doing the work. I shall not glory in myself, I pray in Jesus Name. Amen!

The super heroes in the cartoons always have power to be strong and be proud of. But in Christ, it’s when we humble and be nothing and let Lord shines through us that the maximum power of His resurrection force come through. I had a glimpse of this resurrection force and it’s so mighty and powerful and colourful. Personally, I am also eager to see Lord display His Glory through me.

No comments: