Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Blessing of Deuteronomy 28

Ever since the blessing of Deuteronomy 28 was preached in the Christmas sermon for the congregation of New Creation Church, and shared in my care group and Lord even proclaimed that all the blessings are for me, I have yet to see much. In fact, in the nature, I am facing more opposition than ever.

Last night care group was a glorious sharing of Lord Jesus death that had secured the healing for my girl’s back and chest. When Lord asked me to share this testimony in the care group, I was a bit afraid that I could not share it in full. It’s one thing to write a post about it under the anointing of Lord where everything flows so naturally than to remember it by self. I had a hard time remembering that I told Lord that He would be the one sharing, not me. He let me recalled it as I wrote it down on a small piece of paper. Praise the Lord!

I was talking about Lord creates our mind to meditate on His Words, if we don’t use it for His Words, we will be thinking lots of useless things in the care group. My mind was disturbed last night that I could not even pray a proper prayer. I claimed Jesus finished work, the blessing and protection of the New Covenant and requested Daddy God to protect me and my family and Lord blessed me a good sleep. Praise the Lord!

This morning, lots of thoughts flood into my mind that I keep thinking how I should spend the day. In between my prayer in English, I prayed in the spirit. My mind was still flying all over the place. I could not soak myself in the worship song, ‘I see Grace’. Praise the Lord, recently discover Hillsong’s worship song, ‘Blessed’, I like the song, ‘Son of God’. I had it repeat over and over. Finally, I could come back to Lord and rest in His Peace again. Lord prayed a super long prayer to bring me back, Praise the Lord!

As I am sitting down here, Lord leads me to think why I am not getting the blessing of Deuteronomy 28 blessing. Then I realised that I need to claim them as mine and believe in those verses to make them come alive in my life. Finally, I read them out and claim them as mine. I am flowing in the blessing right now. Praise the Lord!

The whole bible is so full of blessings and good nuggets. Many of us after listen to sermon, and know about the blessing, we might have the knowledge of the blessing that is for us. However, we have to put the verses in our heart to claim it. After all, Daddy God, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit all live in the spiritual realm, in our heart. We have to hold on to the verse in our heart to get the blessings. By letting the verses stay in our mind wouldn’t help much, for Lord dwells in our heart, not our head. :D Praise the Lord for this revelation. Hallelujah!

Daddy God, thanks for letting me realise this. I shall put Deuteronomy 28 blessing in my heart and claim them as mine. I am looking to You to bless my life fully since Lord Jesus had opened wide the flood gate of blessings. I know You are very eager to bless me. I shall claim all Your Blessing in the Name of Jesus. Amen!

PS 1: This is what Su just shared with me:

Just now I look at Deut 28, I thank Lord said, ‘thank u abba father for blessing me thru Det 28, u bless me the land u promise, u put me highly above other, lord u lead only seeing u, no others., u bless my generation, thank you abba father.’

Then Lord laugh and said,Ha ha Su , finally u open your gate, ok I will pour your blessing in

PS 2: As I just thanks the Lord on Deut 28 and prayed the below prayer from the sermon on 21/10/2007 ‘Righteousness – The Key to be An Heir of the World’, Lord disclosed to me that ‘Your gate has been open greatly, I will pour all your blessings in.’ :D

Father God,

I thank You in Your Great Love Plan You wanted me to be bless in every area of my life. Your heart’s desire is for me to prosper and be in health even as my soul prospers. I thank You that even my married life, my children, my marriage, my career, my ministry, will be blessed with the blessing of Abraham. I know it comes without effort, without my works, because it’s Your Promise.

So Father, in Jesus Name deliver me from performance oriented Christianity and give me Your Grace to be established in the Righteousness of faith. I confess before You I am the Righteousness of God in Christ. Therefore, every blessing that belongs to the Righteous is mine. I reign in life. This is my call. This is my destiny. The devil is under my feet. I am above the evil one for I am in Christ, who is my Righteousness. I have everlasting Righteousness. I am not Righteous today and unrighteous tomorrow. I am Righteous forever. The Holy Spirit in me indwells me to show me how Righteous God has made me. In Jesus Name, Amen!

4 comments:

Caleb Teo said...

Hi Stephanie,
That's quite an interesting read. Mind if I put a link on my blog to your blog. Caleb

Stephanie said...

Hi caleb,

Yes, you can link my blog.

Shalom,
Stephanie

Caleb Teo said...

Ok. Will do that. You should be able to see your link at http://thebelovedone5.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie

My bible study is on Deut 28 and I am reading yr sharing. I started attending NCC last mth. I am interested in starting a blog like yours. Can teach a senior like me to start a blog. Tks. doralimds@gmail.com