Friday, February 29, 2008

Answered Prayer

Months ago, as a young Christian, as I opened the bible, I was reading the book of John. This words from the bible opened my eyes that decided what I should trust:

John 15:7-17

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.

…I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

Before coming to Christ, whatever I asked from the kuan yin idol my parents had at home never get realised, to the extend I don’t believe in it anymore. So I became curious when I saw the words of Christ that I put in red above. The part on my wish will be given to me and Father will give me whatever I ask in Lord Jesus Name. Somehow, I take that as a promise Daddy God would carry out if I trust Him and do His way.

This is one reason that I believe in all that was revealed in NCC about who I am in Christ and what Lord Jesus has done for me.

When I just accepted Christ, my mental health was poor, sometime I could not understand what my hubby told me and he was frustrated. So, every Sunday, on the way to church to receive words from Daddy God, I told Daddy, I pray that He manifest His Spirit of Wisdom, Revelation and Understanding in me so that I could understand Him and receive what He wants to tell me.

During that time, I was still under night disturbed, so did not have enough sleep and was tired. I prayed that Lord Jesus would manifest His spirit of Strength and Energy in me, so as to keep me awake to hear His Word. I don’t want to miss anything that He wanted to tell me.

Daddy God, I was glad that on things you want me to pay extra attention; you would knock my head for me to take note of what you said. Praise the Lord!

This was how day in day out, month in month out, I learnt more and more about Lord Jesus. From there, I learnt that how much Daddy God loves me. From this revelation of His Love, I grows to love Him too.

Till now my mind set has renewed with His Words till I am not who I am previously. I am now the new creation that Lord sees through His eyes. Holy Spirit also joined my soul and body to His Spirit when my mind set of Lord Jesus Righteousness is in full revelation. Praise the Lord!

Nowadays, I walk by His command. Lord said I am not to worry so that His blessings could flow through. Daily life might have different difficulties surfacing. But I am not going to let them stop Daddy God blessing in my life from flowing through. I will pass the issue to Him, rebuke in the Name of Jesus, take Holy Communion, worship Lord in worship songs, listen to sermons and stand on His words.

May you benefit from this sharing. Lord put in my heart to share this and last post with you, my reader. I pray that the eyes of your heart and your ears are open to receive all the goodness to change your life for the better. I pray in Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments: