Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Building of a Confident Girl

Since my girl, Jc, was in kiddy, I have been trusting Lord Jesus, by His Grace to lift her up to the glorious place to exalt His Grace. Years after years, through her primary school, I have been patiently waiting for the manifestation of His Grace. Finally I am seeing the glimpse of it happening! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

My girl, not that I want to boast, is the sweetest nature, come to making friends. She is a follower and would allows her friend to dictate things of doing, even grouping up and serving a leader. Through the years, I have been complaining to teachers, principal if I see her being bullied.

The thing is, in her kind nature, she does not think she was being bullied. She always thinks she helping the weak to carry their bag even both around the same size and even lend her things to others because they run out of it or they forget to bring. Things that we bought for her to enjoy, she gladly shared with her friends. To such an extend, her friends take advantage of her!

As a mummy, I could see where are these things are coming. But, as her believes and mine are not on the same platform, I could only step aside and let her be. Whenever she has problems I would step in to handle, otherwise I let her have her way most of the time.

Of course, I have been praying and praying for Lord to lift her up. In Primary 1, Lord said the manifestation will be at P5 onwards. She is P5 this year, I saw none of that in the early part of this year, she and her friends had gone through some crashes and befriend again, but more of she submitting to them.

Over the weekends, over something, the friend, XY is asking Jc to choose between her and Ey or TY and RL. My girl likes to treat everyone as friends. She does not like because of 1 group of friends to ignore others from another group due to whatsoever reason, her original group, XY n EY do not like the other group.

As Jc told XY that she likes both group, XY is not talking to her and avoiding her. Jc was frustrated over this the whole night as she really treat her as friend. However, I know who is best for her and who is not, but I am not forcing her to go by my way. I prayed to Lord to open her eyes to see her friends clearly!

As she was still not happy with the situation and hard to go to sleep with a troubled mind, Lord in me is leading her. Lord told her that even though she like XY to remain a friend, she is not letting XY to have a choice of if she likes to be Jc's friend. Long ago, Lord let her went through Jy's friendship come and go and return again as example. The past few years she was not maturing in any sense, so just let it be.

This year, she is starting in maturing in thoughts and words said could finally be understood. Lord told her to give XY time, to let her have her choice of if she wants her, Jc, to be her friend. It's through losting that one would appreciate the relationship more. So, Lord told her to let XY goes through Jc friending the other group and let XY sees that she has no control over this friendship. To learn about respect.

While Lord was talking to her, she had fallen to sleep and I am not sure how much she receive. This morning, I see a confident Jc and she agrees to let go of XY for the moment to let her have the choice if she wants Jc as friend and to accept Jc on her term. Glory Glory! Finally I could see my girl is growing up emotionally.

Another area I am teaching her is not to complain and groan over things lost, or not right. I told her not to focus on problem but to focus on solution. I asked her over her new bottle of eyes drop missing after using it once yesterday in school, someone has taken it but let the empty box with her! She stopped being unhappy and told me the solution is to get a new one.

This is what I learnt from ex years ago, when he lost his job. He told me to let him focus on finding a right job than nagging at him. From this focus on solution, I could get rid of those negative energy and concentrate on the hope, it's the same as coming to Christ, have high expectation of Good as Christ had completed all that we want or need. Glory Glory!

With Jc showing signs of growing up and doing what she needs to do, and not crying in agony, I am finally happy with her. All these years of waiting for the manifestation is finally bearing much fruits. I am happy with Lord!

Now I know that we each need to go through some falls to appreciate life better. It's the process of learning that one would know there is nothing to fear. It's through trusting Him that one get stronger and stronger in His Faithfulness! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

Even as the heart of a mother hope for the best for her child, as she waits upon the Lord, over the years, since this baby was a headache to her to now, finally bearing much fruits, I am happy! Finally my heart can be put to rest! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!!!

No comments: