Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not by Power, Not by Might, but by the Spirit

As I was watching Pastor Prince sermon on 'Jesus – The End of Your Struggles' - 12th February 2012, it leads me to recall my walk to be like Christ. Glory Glory! This thought has been lingering in me for some time and today I shall share.

As a young Christian 5+ years back, I was introduced to go for the extra classes to know God better. I was wondering how to walk with Jesus. Near the end of the course, the Deacon who taught us, told us that we have a body, soul and spirit. Holy Spirit reside in our spirit. Our Soul is our thoughts, will power and conscience. The body is what others see us as.

We were asking him how to walk with Jesus. At first the Deacon told us we are to behold Jesus like a mirror, the more we look and examine Him, we will be transform to be like Him. Then he also said that as we believe all that was taught about Jesus, our thought come inline with the thoughts of the Spirit and the Spirit will be able to become One with the Soul. Once the Spirit and the Soul become One, then the body have no choice but to come inline with the Spirit. Amen Amen!

Then I come across this verse that Abba Father promises that we are to look at His Kingdom and His Righteousness. He promised to give us all the things the world have if we look to His Kingdom and His Righteousness first. I understand from this verse as get to know Jesus more and more. Afterall, it is through Jesus we become child of God, have access to Heaven and receive all that Lord Jesus died as the Lamb of God, for us to receive all His Goodness that He promised in Psalm 65.

Lord leads Pastor Prince to unveil Jesus and He leads me to New Creation Church, Singapore to learn about Jesus. As I learn and believe, I am being transformed unknowingly. Long ago, in glory for self, I am a strong-will, independent girl. But the 10 years under law treatment from ex and within it, 3 years under spiritual attack had mould me down to someone weak and unstable due to lack of sleep.

As I learn about Jesus from all of Pastor Prince sermon, from 2002 till now, and walk in His Joy, I was transformed day by day. Through these 5 years walk, from listening to the revealing about Jesus, to the different teachers in the body of Christ, like Jerry Serville, Kenneth Copeland, Curry Blake, Smith Wigglesworth, Lord led me to learn something from each of them before returning to breath in the life of Christ again. Somehow, hearing about Jesus, the Spirit in me is alive, while listening to the principals etc, is dead learning but still needed to equipt me. Glory Glory!

To let me know Him personally, Lord led me to read the whole bible. I managed to complete it in 1 year. It's read with understanding, not blind reading, rushing to complete. My brother-in-law managed to read 3 times faster than me but he did not walk any closer to Lord than I have. But I take this as Grace of Jesus. Lord showed in the bible that we are His Sheep. Have you seen a sheep rushing through his meals? No, they slowly glaze the grass. It's through reading with understanding, especially after good soaking in Pastor Prince sermon, that the bible becomes alive.

When one understands the Grace of Jesus well, you will know all the requirement of the law, even the law of love, faith etc, Lord in us will accomplish for us through us. Glory Glory! If one did not understand the Grace of God well, his thought will be himself have to accomplish the requirement of the law in the new covenant. So, it's important to have a good understanding of what Jesus had done for each of us, in order to read the bible correctly! Glory Glory!

When I have a faith picture of God is for me and not against me build in me, He leads me to walk in His Garden to fellowship with Him. Through last few years, every trials, every thing He wants me to believe, to walk, to do, I followed accordingly and do not ask Him why must I do it. It was a form of training and testing me stage by stage. As I gone through the lighter one, Lord led me to the tougher one.

I mean, how would I know how to win over my enemy and if God is able? It's through facing all these trials, as I trust in Jesus Finished Work and proclaim my Rightful position in Him that I am lifted to the next level to receive the next test. If Lord leads me to face SF curses when I was a young Christian, I would need to run to someone else to help me. As I grow in Him, He let me know How should I trust in Him for the deliverance.

It's when you walk through all these trials, you become a stronger warrior in Him. As you walk closer and into Him, suddenly, one day, you will realise your old self is gone; lost of self but gain of God in you. The new self is one who every thing trust to the Lord to lead him/her to walk it out. He and you become closer and closer as one. Glory Glory! This is how you move from Glory to Glory! Amen Amen!

Hope you benefit from this sharing. Be blessed!

No comments: