Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Battle of Life

I just finished listening to Pastor Prince 06/03/03 ‘The Blessing of the Sure Mercies of David’ and in there, there is a talk about when the fight of life come, we should put our trust in the Lord for deliverance.

I would like to talk about my initial 3 months as Christian when darkness was all I know about and the words of Christ were new to me. Many times, with friends or brothers and sisters in Christ, this is what I noticed. When trials come into their lives, many would look to the circumstances, even though their mouth may say that they trust the Lord, they let the situation affected them and let time take charge to let things slowly quiet down. Then they would say praise the Lord for the deliverance. This is not the way to trust the Lord, sad to say.

Let me share how I trust the Lord. When I accepted Christ on one Sunday, 20th Aug 2006, the next day, I called church for help regarding my night attacks. The one who answered told me that I could use the name of Jesus to command the darkness off. She also baptized my Holy Spirit over the phone and I prayed to Daddy God to enable me to speak in the spirit.

That night, when I faced my trial, I started using Jesus name to cast it out. I did it again and again, many times over. I also started praying in the spirit. As the attacks then were pretty strong, I could not get it off, as there was no revelation of Lord Jesus.

I would try it out night after night till the next sermon where I learnt something new about my rights in Christ. The in between period on what I learnt I had forgotten, but I could still remember my 1st success. With 3 years of no help and had to endure the attacks, fear was so strong in me. My fear usually started around 5-6pm when the sun was setting, my fear automatically started around that time, for I knew how the night will be.

That Sunday, I heard from Pastor Prince when he said don’t know this person was pure ignorance or refuse to believe in the words of Christ. He said that in Christ, we have the righteousness of God, we have no sin and we won’t die. I caught hold of these 3 rights that are mine and started confessing from 5-6pm onwards when the sun started setting. That evening, I was baking something in the kitchen and could sense d was outside the window waiting. That was how scary when I let the imagination got the better of me.

Nevertheless, I kept on confessing that I am the righteousness of God in Christ, I have no sin and I won’t die. Yes, I kept repeating it on and on like a broken recorder. Even in my sleep, I kept saying it. When attacks came in my sleep, I kept on confessing my rights to the darkness. No matter how long the attack last, I wanted to outlast it. Praise the Lord, that was the first time I could feel it departed from me.

If you think that this was all, no, that was not all for me. Subsequently, the attacks came stronger and stronger. Whatever I learnt from the sermons, I would talk to the darkness like broken records. After the 1st victory, I had many other victories till one night, I felt darkness pounced on me like a lion. That night, I was very scary, but as usual, I confess non stop my rights in Christ to it. It left me when it could not convince me that he was mightier than Jesus.

Over time, I had stand on God’s righteousness for guilty feeling and for misunderstanding. My final victory was when I realised I could cast my 3 years of burdens all to Daddy God. With that, I rest in Lord Jesus victory ground and slowly take flight with the Lord. My posting here started after my victory with the darkness.

Why I trusted the Lord so much? It is a choice out of no other choices. It was either I submit to the darkness or run towards Lord. There was one post that I got so tired of these running that out of frustration, I wrote that I was running so fast, like time, yet, it felt as if I race far ahead at a very super sonic speed. Praise the Lord for being faithful. He has been faithful and still is so faithful.

So now, I could tell you that by trusting the Lord, He will surely deliver you in all circumstances. I faced the bully in the spirit world that I could not help felt helpless. Lord came in and rescued me and slowly brings me up as a fighter, to let His glory shine through. He could do for me; He could do for you too. Amen!

No comments: