Friday, March 7, 2008

A Lesson on Love

One of the most precious gems I learn from this walk with Jesus is Daddy God loves for me. His Love let me realised that this is the focus in life that will make a person whole.

From NCC, I learnt that Daddy God gave me His Grace, His unconditional love; I should give my girl the same unconditional love too. This is what I have been practicing, telling my girl that I love her because she is my daughter….not because she did something good or bad. I make sure this sink into her. Praise the Lord!

Today, this lesson on love finally comes into usefulness in her learning on how to deal with friend’s demand. By grace, my girl is a very caring person. She cares about my dad, wants him to be well. On playground, she wants to see her friends. Yesterday, she told me that she gave a friend 50 cents; otherwise her friend will be sad. This morning the struggle surfaced…she told me that her playmate cum classmate wanted her to give her pink ruler, her favourite, to her. Otherwise, this friend said that she will not be her friend.

Such threat on you must do something to get my friendship is what she must deal with herself. She doesn’t want to give up her ruler, but she also doesn't want to lose this friendship.

This is what I told her: friends are together because they love to play with each other. If a friend needs her to give her something to be friend, the friend doesn’t love her but love her things. I quoted my unconditional love to her to let her understand better. I think she is getting it.

This morning, while she was going to the school hall, she saw her friend arrived. I saw her waiting for this friend. So I looked at the friend to see any keenness to see JC. There was none, just an expressionless face. When I look to my girl again, she had gone up the stairs; she didn’t wait for the friend. Lord told me that my girl will grow through this incident. Praise the Lord!

Daddy God, thank You for teaching me this love by Grace on my kid. It’s a valuable lesson on her growing up, to know she is loved and she need not bow down to unwanted threat to get friends. Praise You for loving me so much. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for loving so much at the Cross. Amen!

No comments: