Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Father’s Love

Ever since I told Daddy God that I want to follow His Way and pray to Him to let me know so that I wouldn’t miss it. Lord has been a great Blesser in my life.

Saturday, hubby was not feeling well. I knew that I had to take public transport home. Near to going home time, Lord told me to ask my eldest brother-in-law for a ride home. As parents’ home, my home and my eldest sis home is like an equilateral triangle in term of distance. It would take sis double the time to reach their home if they were to send me home first. So, I told Lord that it was not so nice to trouble them. When Lord wanted to bless, He surely wanted to bless....praise the Lord!

Since I didn’t ask brother-in-law, Lord got my girl to insist on taking my brother-in-law’s car home. In the end, we got a blessed ride home. Praise the Lord!

A few weeks ago, when Su and I had just prayed for healing for my dad, Lord told Su that my father will get well if he remain in cheerfulness. As dad has yet to know Lord, he does not know how to trust in Lord and remain in His Peace. I thought letting him listen to worship songs and Pastor Mark sermons might help him to build his faith needed for the healing. We are told to spend more time with him too.

However, due to our families’ commitment, Su and I rarely go to visit dad during weekdays. We only do our weekly visit on Saturday.

Recently, dad has a few times of shutting his mouth and refusing food. I prayed for him a few times but this last round, he seems to stick his ground. Lord asked me to call church. I thought having Pastor to come and preach to him and listening to sermons are the same, so I didn’t act on it.

Then Su called me to tell me that Lord told her to call church too. Even though we don’t know why Lord wanted us to call church, I called today. Through talking to Pastor Soo Teck, then I realise why Lord wanted us to call church. Praise the Lord.

Pastor Soo Teck commented that my relationship with Lord is good, no argument on that. But, he said he hardly hear me talk about my father…seem something missing from there.

He is right about it. Younger days, dad was too busy at work to bother about bonding with us. We are closer to our mum, not him. Then grown up and married, we each care more for our own family then our parents. However, Daddy God being a God of Love, He wants our family ties to be closed. So, through Pastor Soo Teck, Lord told us to establish a relationship with dad, so that he could be cheerful and have the aim to live again. Praise the Lord.

I don’t know how this going to work out, as I am not expressive at all. I am more of what Lord need me to do, I will go do and that’s it. Hehe. Anyway, will trust Lord as He said He will empower me the power of Love. I am to open my life to my dad. Praise the Lord for being so caring for my family well being. So tomorrow, Su and I will be going to parents’ home to do our bonding with dad. Praise the Lord!

No comments: