Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God Sees Glorious Things In You!

This is the verse for today’s daily devotion from NCC:

1 Samuel 16:7
7… For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Here is Pastor Prince said about himself:

Now, step back a little less far in time with me. See a little boy standing alone during play time. Nobody wants him on their team because he is scrawny and seen as a weakling. As he grows into his teens, he suffers from an inferiority complex. He stammers and stutters so much that all his friends laugh at him.

But today, he is the senior pastor of New Creation Church. Several times each week, he stands in front of a crowd of more than 16,000 people to preach. And he receives invitations worldwide to speak in churches and pastors’ conferences. There was no way I could have ever conceived in my mind what God saw in me in those early years and the dreams that He had for me.

Here is what I find similar about myself as compared to Pastor Prince:

As a little girl, I stood alone in recess time for I was a quiet girl. I didn’t know how to mix with the rest of the kids. Into my secondary school days, I kept low profile too. During my initial working years, I fell into depression and was avoided by many. In the mums forum that I am in, during gathering, I did not know how to socialize. I have no skill for small talks.

But, Daddy God is setting me up for His Glory. Praise Him that nowadays, whoever I meet, Lord gives me the utterance to talk about Lord Jesus. Hehe…this is the only topic that I could talk in small or big group of people. Praise the Lord for this anointing. Hallelujah!

Lord had painted a very big picture of my future life. For me, I just rest in Him, keep learning more about Him and let Him lead me to where He wants to put me.

During the wake of my dad, Pastor Daniel came to visit. Lord got me and Su to share with him our blessings since we came to Christ. Pastor Daniel had invited me to join the church’s group of healing team. I had checked with Lord if this is an opening from Him. He told me Yes! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
My deepest consolation for you. I just learnt about it..