Monday, March 3, 2008

The Compassionate Lord

I just finished reading the book of Jonah. In this bible reading, compared to Su and HL, I am really very slow. Till now just completed book of Jonah for the Old Testament and New Testament only till 2 Peter 2. Of so much reading, today reading the book of Jonah is the most fun part of the bible. I like the part Jonah running away from Lord, yet Lord didn’t give up on him.

Just like I look around me, there are people reading the bible more than once and sinking into the words of God seriously, take half a day off from work since 2006 to do it. For me, Lord has to bless me with 3 different bibles and change me to like reading bible, before I started reading it. Even my slow pickup rate and dragged over a year to read this bible, this is the message Lord give to me sometime back:

I love you, you are the one I care for

You might be slow in your bible reading, but I love you anyway.

Heaven will wait for you to be ready to carry out the will of the Lord.

Wow, isn’t this great? The Merciful and Compassionate Lord waiting for me to carry out His will!! Reading the book of Jonah, I realised that there is no way to run away from the assignment.

He tried running in opposite direction and even offer to be thrown into the sea to calm the sea. Yet, Lord didn’t give him up. Lord sent a big fish to swallow him for 3 days to think over, before he turned back to Lord and went to Nineveh to proclaim: “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overturned.” These led to the people in that city to repent from their evil ways and Lord forgave them.

Recently I learnt more about my cousin afterlife and I am happy. Lord sent cousin’s catholic friend to visit him on the last days. Cousin had accepted Christ. This friend dreamt that cousin was happily counting money and even asked if his friend wanted some. He gave a Singapore $1 note to the friend in the dream. The next morning, this friend went to coffee shop to buy coffee and got a $1 note from the change, what a co-incidence.

When I was in doubt, I sometime do wonder if Lord will send someone else to do this job that He had told me. But after reading the book of Jonah, He told me, now you know that I will not give this job away. Lord did let me know that I will be call up for service after I finish the bible. I do hope to read faster..hehe…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add oil, sis. Add oil! I am eager for you also and want to know what is in line for you. I remember that you told me I will be in your ministry. Is it true?

Stephanie said...

Hi Peter,

Lord ask you to get into His words and He will disclose to you when you are ready.

Shalom!