Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Love that works in me n Su

A year ago, as a new Christian, I heard from my care group member that we need not bother about our siblings and parents, who have not accepted Christ. As they see the goodness in us, who are Christians, slowly the acceptance will happen. At that time, I was wondering how it would happen.

In my walk and Su walk with Lord Jesus, we did not notice any behaviour change in us that is obvious. But as we observe, the situations happened with our parents, it seems that those caring for our parents come from Su and me. Praise the Lord!

Though my brother is the only son, but whenever dad needs to visit the hospital, I am the one, who would bring him along. I did not consider it inconvenient. Worst come to worst I just drag JC along. No big deal. :D

Recently, dad is being considered as moving into his “old age”. He is being sees as cannot be left alone at home. Mum wants to make a trip to Malaysia in December. Su and I know that mum need this break from her daily care for dad. So, the question is who shall be there to look after him. As it falls on a Sunday, it affects our church going.

Mum has requested Su’s son, De, to be there to accompany dad. As he will be going for church service too, Su called among our other sisters and brother to see if they can be available for part of the day. 2nd sister is ok, but too bad, the dates crashed with her family trip. Eldest sister said with 3 kids, she is tired. Brother said with 2 kids, his hands are full.

Luckily NCC has 4 services per Sunday. This is the plan I agrees with Su, her sons will go in the morning, while both of us stay with dad. When nephews return from service, Su and I will go for ours. Beautiful plan, praise Daddy God!

With these few events happening so far, I could see that Lord has worked His Great Love into us. Through this 1 yr plus of walking with the Lord, somehow, He has transformed us to be more loving and caring people! Praise the Lord!

No comments: