Monday, November 26, 2007

The Blessing of the Lord

Two weeks ago, Su called me up and told me that HL had this hand statue that had been sitting in the shop for 2 years. It was a beautiful piece of artwork and pretty big, so suitable for people with big house to put it in their house. There are many admirers for this piece of artwork. However, there was no keen buyer, as the price was not cheap too.

The price was originally set around $5K. As HL has difficulty selling it off, He reduced it to around $2900, HL hoping that by lowering the price, this artwork can be sold away. As holding on to it means cash being tie down by it too. However, the price alone was not good enough to attract any keen buyer.

When Su called me to pray for this artwork to be sold off, I told Su to pray and get HL to pray too. This is what Su and HL prayed, they hand over the shop to Lord, telling Lord that He is the one who take care of the shop. They also pray that the statue will have God’s favour in the eyes of the customer. Since HL accepted Christ last month, HL strongly believes that Lord Jesus will surely bless his shop.

With this prayer and trusting in the Lord that He will provide, HL raise the artwork price back to $5K+. Last Saturday, Lord sent a buyer to the shop. With a 10% discount, finally, the artwork found its owner, who gets it at $4600. Praise the Lord! HL is happy, so is the new owner. :D

Sunday, hubby had to work. He expected me to miss my church service and stayed home to take care of Jc. Praise the Lord, eldest sister agreed to help me that morning and afternoon. I was supposed to take a bus to her home, since not much different in route taking bus or taxi. Lord gave me a strong feeling to go for taxi, as I approached the bus-stop, there was a taxi that slowed down for me. Haha..so I decided to flag it. It was driven by a middle aged Malay driver. Lord had me preaching about the Goodness of Jesus to him, praise the Lord!

I was supposed to rush down to Suntec to join the queuing for the auditorium with Z, Su’s son. Su smsed I when I was in the cab to eldest sis place that I need not rush as her sons will get seat for me. Praise the Lord!

I decided to finish my breakfast at sis place….haha, supposed to finish in the cab but was busy preaching to him and had forgotten to eat. :D I managed to get my dosage of Milo at sis place too. I thought that I would be able to reach church earlier. The MRT ride to city hall took almost 30mins. At 11am, I had only half an hour to go before the 2nd session starts.

Luckily NCC Chinese ministry provided shuttle bus for the older members. I took it as the Suntec shuttle bus was not in sight. Time was running out at 11:12am and the bus has not move. Luckily, Lord impressed the person-in-charge to get the bus to go even when there were 4 more seats available. At Suntec Convention, I quickly hopped onto the NCC shuttle bus that moves between the convention hall and Tower 4. I was there just as the session was going to start. Praise the Lord for the blessings.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Dear,

Some video clips of pastor's sermon can be found in youtube.
Check it out ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10lue7bhcK0

Shalom