Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lamb of God

This morning, miracle morning…haha…first time opens the bible early in the morning. I was reading the Genealogy of Jesus. Lord God had promised that the saviour will come from Abraham family line. But when I read to Matthew 1:16, ‘Joseph, the husband of Mary, whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.’, this gets me thinking…Lord Jesus supposed to come from Abraham family line, yet Jesus was produced not of Joseph’s sperm, how to group him under Abraham family line.

While thinking on this, the idea came to me. Abraham had brought Isaac up the mountain to sacrifice to God. In the end, Lord God provided a lamb sacrifice instead. Holy Spirit pregnant Mary so that Lord Jesus was born. Lord God did it this way so that the human sacrifice is a divine exchange, from Lord God!

From church I know Lord Jesus was born to die for us. I didn’t see the connection that clearly till this morning. Actually, not the first time reading the Genealogy but this time, I got the connection sink into my heart. Praise the Lord!

WK added another important point:

Lord Jesus is linked to Abraham, the man of faith. We, who are of faith of Lord Jesus, are sons of Abraham, as what the bible says. As such, we need not die because Lord Jesus, the Lamb of God had took our place, just like the lamb God put in the mountain, took Issac’s place. Praise the Lord, Christ Jesus!

Abraham gave God the right to give His beloved son, that is the New Covenant! Praise the Lord!

No comments: