Thursday, May 31, 2007

You Trust, I work!

In this Grace Church, we are told we are to trust the Lord in whatever areas we are in. This month was my first time taking driving theory test. As I have left school for donkey years, studying again do sound a bit foreign to me. However, I decided to trust the Lord to study this basic theory test. As I signed up a driving school, I have to pass the trial test before I could take the actual one.

I told Lord that He was the one studying, not me. Then I opened my book to read. Lord cleared my brain that I had no problem absorbing the information. Come trial test time, I told Lord that He was the one doing the test, not me. When I went for the test, my focus on the question was sharp and clear. Clearing the test is as easy as ABC. Praise the Lord! This was taken early of May.

Come end May, I had my actual Basic Theory test. I only picked up the book that every night before the test. Daughter, JC, slept late, 11pm, that night, I could not finish the book in time, just flip over it to revise a little of those that I have forgotten. I could not finish the book. JC woke up twice in the middle of the night. Guess you can imagine how tired I was the next morning as I had to wake up at 6:30am.

This time round I was not confident. Even so I prayed to Lord, telling Him that He is the driver and I am just the assistant. I told Him that He is the one doing it. Before entering into the classroom, I told Lord that He was my wisdom, my focus, my alertness, strength and energy. Same as my trial test, my focus was sharp and clear. I could answer most of the questions. A few questions that I had doubts, I asked HS if I answered correctly. He said yes, praise the Lord! :D

After I completed, I asked HS if I pass, Lord told me that I did. Anyway, I thought I checked through it again as I had 30mins more to go. But due to tiredness, after checking 2-3 questions, I decided to submit the result. Hallelujah! I passed!!!

I was telling wk and my sis about trusting the Lord is so wonderful. I even shared with my 2 nephews, Su’s sons. Wk’s sons trust the Lord; they did study, but according to the mum, not hard enough. Her elder son’s teacher was surprised with his result. He got a lot better than he could. :D Praise the Lord!

For my nephews, I understand from Sis that they watched TV throughout the exam period and did not study. I counseled my nephews last Sunday. According to elder nephew, he prayed for Lord to help him in his exam. I told them, they should trust the Lord to lead them in their study, and go and study with the wisdom and understanding ability Lord provided.

They have to put in knowledge into them, then Lord can help them to recall for exam. If they don’t even try to put knowledge into themselves, there is no way Lord can help them. Lord doesn’t like lazy people! Hope they learn and do better next round.

No comments: