Sunday, May 13, 2007

Do you Dare to be like Jesus?

I am just reading the daily devotion from Kenneth Copeland Ministry site about we have to take our place in Christ. This part is extracted from the 13th May 2007 devotion:

[I remember one day I was reading the story of the woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of Jesus' garment and was healed.

I'd read the story many times and pictured myself as almost everybody in the story...just experiencing how it would feel to be someone in the crowd or even the one who was healed.

Suddenly God spoke to my spirit and said, "Read that again and this time picture yourself as the one wearing the garment."

I was stunned. "Lord," I said, "how can I do that? I can't take Your place!"

"That's just what's wrong with the Body of Christ," He told me. "That's the reason the world doesn't know anything about Jesus. You identify with everyone except Me. But I sent you to be MY witnesses, to imitate ME, to stand in MY place...not everybody else's!"
]

What interested me in the above fellowship between KC and Lord is, in my early months of Christianity, I have asked Father God to transform me to be like Jesus. I was captivated by His gentleness and His humbleness to people but full of authority to the devils. I want to be able to have His qualities. At that time, I just feel that since Father God is so Almighty and He can and will do all things we request, I was thinking, why not?! :P Little did I know that Daddy God actually want us to be that. Haha…Praise the Lord. Tell you a secret, I even pray for my next girl-yet-to-be-born to be have his quality!!! I know Father can and will give me a safe and sound pregnancy. I am waiting for it to happen at God’s time. :P

Lately, I have been reading the Book of Exodus and have now reach the part where Moses bringing the people of Israel out of Egypt. As I was reading it to the part of the people of Israel crossed over the Red Sea while the Pharaoh and his army got drowned. What caught my attention in this part of the story is…in our daily fighting with the adversaries, there usually have a ABC process like what Curry Brown in the John G. Lake site wrote.

ABC process:

A is where you pray for deliverance.

B is where you stand strong in believe in Father God’s deliverance.

C is where you see the result happened.

I noticed that Moses had told the people of Israel to do just that; the ABC process. This is also what I have been doing in my own fight with the adversaries. However, when I counsel lost sheep, I found many did not realise the B process, where you need to believe strongly and persevere in that believe till you see the result. Most people know the part of praying and the part of seeing result. Come to part B, I wonder is it the fast pace of Today’s World. Many people, inclusive myself at time, want our result to be fast from God. :D But it is not always the case, there is this God’s Time, where we need to raise our faith to strongly believe it, we can do that by taking Jesus’ Faith and use His Faith to trust Father God for deliverance.

I am trusting more and more in this ABC process in all areas. This process also can be explained in God’s term…Sow…God Time….Harvest, as found in the bible.

Why do we need to stand strong in God Time to get the Harvest? During this period of time, which can be instant to a few days or months or years, adversaries usually will come and tell you that whatever you pray for, you won’t get it, or to distract and confuse you. Many people fall into the trap set by the adversaries and since they did not see the result, they just give up and claimed that whatever Pastor told them about God, is not true, or sometime true sometime not.

Dearest sons and daughters, Daddy God is always willing to give us and help us in whatever lacks we have. This God Time is mainly to grow your faith in the Lord. When you read up more about Lord Jesus, know personally how much He had suffered to take away your Sins and Curses and to give you Grace and Mercy, you will know how much Father God has loved you. When you know that, whatever you ask, you will know that Father God sure to provide. You will trust in Him and wait in faith for His provision.

You will not let the adversaries tell you all kinds of lies to distract you away from Father God provision. As you believe more and more, you will see your lack, one by one, slowly fully provided.

Father God, I pray in Jesus Name and by Jesus Authority, may all reader of this post, their eyes in their heart be fully opened to receive this truth. May the Almighty God touches your heart and remove all the doubts and the darkness that is hovering there. In Jesus Almighty Name, I broke all yokes in your body and raise you up to be close to Father God. I pray in Jesus Almighty Name. Amen!