Friday, January 26, 2007

My God Thy Love

In my 4 months of Christian life, I have talked to a number of ‘long termed’ Christian. What I found in this small sample of people was, somehow, they are not sure or in doubt of Father’s love. Reason given was that due to their past learning about the law, they were under bondages, so when they heard about the Gospels on Grace preached in my church, they were confused.

For me and my sis, Su, we are young Christians, all we learn about is the Gospels on Grace and how much Father, thy God, love us. Pastor Prince ever said that to know how much Father God loves us, we must know how much Lord Jesus has suffered to set us free. Today, my talk on Lord Jesus is from my understanding from the sermons I heard and the Discovery class I attended. Also, I read the bible for some supported verses and checked with Holy Spirit if my understanding is right.

Can you imagine giving up your kid or your love one to die for your sake? For me, my daughter, Jc, is the love of my life. I will be heart-pain if she has any small cut on her body. If someone wants to take her away, I will sure fight with my life to ensure her safety. So, can you imagine how our Father God would feel to give up His only son to save us? Death is not an easy task to do, I don’t think any one of us would gladly say ok, I will go and die for your sake, especially it’s nothing related to ourselves. Lord Jesus gladly accepted the task that Father God instructed….born to die for the human race.

There are 3 types of flogging.

Type 1 is light whipping; the person after receiving can go home. Lord Jesus received this at high priest, Caiapha, place. Matthew 26:65 “...the high priest tore his clothes and
Mathew 26:67 they spit in his face, and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him…”

Type 2 is pretty heavy whipping. It was done for people receiving as a punishment for their crime. After receiving the punishment they could go home. Jesus received this from the Pilate the governor, Matthew 27:26 “…he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.”

Type 3 is all out whipping, for the people receiving it would be crucified, so soldiers would anyhow whipped, skin would be whipped open and bloody. Jesus received this at Praetorium, whole company of soldiers, Matthew 27:28-30 “they stripped him, and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head….They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again.” Jesus was also Ezra 9:3 “pulled hair from my head and beard.”

Altogether, Lord Jesus bled 7 times.

1st time – Lord was praying before being capture, Luke 22:44…and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

2nd time – flogging, he was so bloody by the time he was put on the cross.

3rd time – hitting the crown of thorns into his head

4th time - pulling of hair and beard

5th time – nailing of hands to the cross

6th time – nailing of legs to the cross

7th time – after the death of Jesus, John 19:34 ..”one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.”

How will you feel that Lord Jesus suffered so much for you? For me, I am very grateful and very thankful to the Lord for removing the old covenant and establish the new covenant Hebrews 10:9-10, “…He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” With this new covenant, my only task is to believe to enjoy the blessings from Heavenly Father. So easy …..

He has taken away our sins, curses and sicknesses, Hebrews10:14 “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.”, that I don’t have to feel condemn anymore. Whenever I sinned, I trusted the Lord has taken over my sin and I leaned on His love and trusted his Grace to transform me to a better person.

Acts 13:38-39 “Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.” As Lord Jesus has paid the price, and justified me by His finished work on the cross, I could enjoy the blessing as said in Proverbs 10:6 “Blessings are on the head of the righteous”.

Dear Daddy, I thank you a lot for all the above You and Lord Jesus had done, so that I can be your child and enjoy your blessings and Great LOVE, Hallelujah! Oh Father, you are all Almighty and Mercy God. Thank you for deeply love me. Thank you for protecting me every single day. Thank you for the blessings that you have prepared for me and thank you for the blessing that is already coming through. I am very honored. Keep the blessing flowing…Hallelujah!!!

No comments: