Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Is there Really Life after Death?

We are all born to know that one of these days, years down the road, we have to die, or sleep in Christianity term. This is an unknown area to all of us, who is still alive. Whatever we know about death is usually from hearsay. My encounter with the darkness, and what was shown to me, was a cold, sick, negative place, a place that none of us would like to end with. Today, I like to share a few testimonies that I have heard about these few months.

In Christianity, I know that Lord Jesus has died for me, as such, when I accept Christ, I am born again. Jesus has taken away my sins and my sickness, so there is no way that I am going to die again. My understanding is that the moment we sleep (died), we will wake up in heaven and hell book, if there is one, will not have my name on it. So, the story I am going to share about is with this understanding.

Story 1

The Father of a lady, who is serving in church, was in serious sickness and warded in ICU in critical condition. He could not talk. This lady was very worried for her father. She told the father one day that Jesus could help him. If he wanted to accept Jesus, pressed her arm. The father did and the lady told the father to say the prayer in his heart to accept Lord.

That night, the father was kicking and pushing using his hands and legs. The doctor had to tie him down. Some time later, he was able to get out of ICU and could talk. He told his daughter about why that day he did the pushing and kicking. He said he saw a bus load of people, and 2 fellows came and wanted to take him away. He refused to follow them, telling them that he had accepted Christ. When the fellows realized that he had accepted Christ, they let him go. He is now fully recovered.

Story 2

This story is about Jesus blood, Jesus had not sin while He was on earth, and also He was very God very man, his blood is very pure that negative forces cannot touch it.

The Chinese pastor was invited to hospital to pray for a sick man. At the hospital, the man wanted to accept Christ, so pastor leaded him in the prayer to accept Christ. However, he was not at peace, he told pastor that he could see passed away relatives around his bed. Pastor prayed for Jesus Blood to be spray all over the man. Then the man told pastor that now, those ‘relatives’ were outside the window, not at his bed anymore. :)

Pastor said that people, who are going to die, they could see the spirit world. What they said are real to them. Was it really their ‘relatives’ at the bed? Pastor shared that when a person is dying, devil would come, in the form of the relatives, to lure the person to leave the earth and join them!

Story 3

This mother was dying, and could not talk. Her daughter was the only Christian in the family, her 5 brothers were not. Just before the mother died, her daughter had convinced her to accept Christ. The funeral was done the Christian way, where the body had a bible on top of it. I have not been to a Christian funeral, so I don’t know it procedure.

Anyway, the 5 brothers were not pleased that the mother’s funeral was done in such a way. They felt that the mother did not have a ‘proper’ funeral procedure to send her off. So, after the funeral, after a no. of days, they went to someone, who knew how to call for her soul to talk. They wanted to find out if her after life was ok.

At that place, the guy asked for their mother’s Chinese birth date and her name, and started the searching process. After a long while, the guy told the brothers that he could not find his mum, after re-confirm the mother's details, he started another round of searching again. The guy again could not find their mother, so asked the brothers if the mother was Christian. They told him that just before her death, she had accepted Christ. The brothers got a scolding from the guy for wasting his time. They had to pay for his service too.

Story 4

Chinese Pastor met this guy while preaching in China. This man, a Christian, told pastor that he had encountered with 3 near death. The last one, he actually ‘died’. He said he woke up to a very bright place. While he was walking, this gentle voice said to him, ‘Son, it is not time for you to be here, why are you here? Get back!’. The circumstances of this man wasn’t that nice, but he was very happy, because he knew what kind of place he is going in future. Hallelujah!

Story 5

While queuing for bible study one evening, a lady in the queue talked to me. She shared about her father case. The father had stage 4 cancer, while he was in the hospital, her uncle, who was a Christian, visited the dad often. 2 months before the father died, he accepted Christ. 2 month after his death, the father appeared in her brother-in-law’s dream one night. The brother-in-law shared with them that her father did not have his old age look; he was renewed to his youth, around 20+ years old. The father told the brother-in-law that he has a very big house there and will wait for the family to join him in future! Hallelujah!

My thought:

I don’t know about what you think, but for me, I believe that Heaven is a real place. I am glad that now I am child of God and I would be going there when my service on earth is not needed anymore.

My mother, when telling her about Christ Jesus, she insisted that she preferred us to pray to her when she dies; she said she just needs that 3 joss sticks. At my uncle Buddhist funeral recently, I took a good look at the prayer area: the coffin was right at the back. In front of the coffin was my uncle’s photo, right in front of the photo was the statue of a dark idol and in front was where the offering table with the joss sticks holder and praying food.

When someone came to pay respect to my uncle, when he prayed, he was praying to that black statue! So I wonder how my uncle was going to receive the blessings when he was not even in the front to accept it. Somehow, when I bowed to him that day, think Holy Spirit did not want me to bow too. I had a very weird feeling about the funeral and just felt like leaving that place.

No comments: