Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Tongue

So far, I learn that the Rest of Jesus died to give me is Spirit directed activities. That means we go around yolking with the Lord and do not worry nor be afraid.

I thought this is the only Rest that the bible said. I am surprised that when I meditating Isaiah, I saw another Rest that hardly preached about. Most of the time it is interpreted as edifying self and others. Rightly so it is, but it was only now that I realise it is Rest in Christ too. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

Nowadays I am using my One New Man bible to meditate, so if the verse not exactly the same as yours, don't despair. This is the direct translation from Hebrew by the author, William J. Morford. Glory Glory!

Isaiah 28:10-12:
'10 For command must be upon command, command upon command; line upon line; here a little, there a little, 11 for He will speak to this people with stammering lips and another tongue.

12 To whom He said, This is the Rest with which you may cause the weary to rest and this is the refreshing,'

Many months and years ago, when I was a fresh, new Christian, I was baptised in the spirit on the 2nd day of accepting Christ. As I was fighting the fear and the presence of devil in my life strongly, I prayed in tongues almost wherever I went. Glory to Jesus!

During that period of time, mental illness of lossing my understanding was slowly restored, my distorted sexual desire, was straightened. My fear was gone, I was delivered in 3 months of the oppression. Many changes came into me, I was restored to the New Creation that Lord has created me. Glory Glory!

Overtime, as I get better, and learnt more, devil tried to stop my pray in tongues, then he tried to stop my worshipping of Jesus. Then he tried to stop my daily prayer. With all these delayed or lost, that's how the attack came strongly on me. Long ago, he could not penetrate me at all as I was strong in the Lord.

However, Lord is letting me realise what I have been missing again, so I am picking them up again to return to my Rest. Glory Glory! Amen Amen! Surely, in Him is all the Rest. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

No comments: