Monday, March 15, 2010

Walking the Life of Christ

As this year is the year of Rest and Increase, and Lord through Pastor Prince has emphasized on Meditation, I would like to post the sequence of books that Lord leads me to meditate to reveal the beauty of Jesus.

Each step is an eye opening. I enjoy walking with Lord, verse by verse and listening to Him talking to me. I had started this walk around November 2008 till now, almost complete the book of Matthew, left the last chapter, Lord said I have finished the whole cycle of Jesus Life. Hallelujah!

The first time I encounter with the importance of meditation was through Rev Joe Purcell's preaching on 'The Power of a Seed'. He let me realised that whatever power I want, it's in the seed. From him, I learned that meditation is like when we thinking of a problem in our head over and over again. I also learn from Pastor Prince that is a low voice repeating of the verse.

Through reading the verse in meditation, I found many times that I could not read fluently in the first read. At time I broke the verse into smaller pieces to repeat till I get hold of it, then I combined the parts together to form the whole sentence to repeat at a go.

It was much later that I realised that devil tried to stop me from seeding my spirit man. He will block my forehead and the brain. For the words first go to the head before it drops to the heart. I learn to manifest Lord's hand into my forehead and my brain to bind the satan to hell. It works to quicken the meditation process. Praise the Lord!

From the initial slow engine movement to now good friend with Lord that He comes readily to reveal to me. All these are day by day, hour by hour, min by min, sec by sec of patiently walking with the Lord.

From this experience, I realise that listening sermons is knowing Jesus from Lord through someone. Reading the bible is to know Lord mightiness, gentleness and about His Grace and Mercy. Meditation is coming face to face with Jesus. Each level of closeness is needed nonetheless. You cannot say that I want this and don't want that. It's the combination of all that that the belly of rivers overflows.

Of course, now I know, all these process is to rise Jesus in me to be 1 with me. The power comes from He now with me as One and through me, He can minister and heal someone. Through His Grace, He rise me up to be His mighty army but it is not about me, it is about Him. He and Him alone. Glory Glory!

This is how Lord leads me:

Palms
Proverbs
Romans
Acts
Hebrew
1 – 2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 – 2 Thessalonians
1 – 2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
James
1 - 2 Peter
1 – 3 John
Jude
Revelation
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

May you benefit from this walk with the Lord. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

Love the way you dissect how to ruminate on the word and how you describe the act of getting a verse from the head to the heart and(then)into the spirit; I find when a verse (or the Word of the Lord) rises up from within me that it is potent (bears fruit first within my life and then in the lives of others who see, hear and believe.) I also love Pastor Prince's teaching~~he rocks!
:)
lg (hugs 2 U stephanie...)!!!
Jesus saves