Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reward from the Lord

I am currently meditating on Matthew 20, on the Parable of the workers in the Vineyard. Many a time, when I read this parable, I would see that Lord has the freedom to give what he wants and what he feels like to his children. We cannot question Him because it is all free favour and His Grace, as it is written in the verse, Matthew 20:15 'Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?' What puzzled me is the verse after that, Mathew 20:16 'So the last will be first, and the first will be last.'

I seek the Lord to explain to me, on the similar verse found in verse Matthew 19:30. Lord reveal, 'My beloved, my love, as you know, the goodness of Jesus is only revealed in his end time. As such only those who know Me well will be place in front, in term of Glory and Favour.'

After knowing this, when I meditate Matthew 12 '”These men who were hired last work only 1 hour,” they said, “and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.” What jumped at me was the word 'borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'

Many strive to do the work of God. Day in day out, they might not trust Lord, in the sense of depending on their knowledge and smartness. They feel they had done good work for the Lord! But when they see Lord did not bless them much, they become unhappy.

Actually, Lord cares for everyone. But He wants each of us to come to Him, to make Him our personal God, the God of our Life. Daily, you depends on yourself to do your daily work is called self-effort. But when you think you are not able to do a good work, and you prayed to Lord to come in you and come through you to lead you to do that same work, trusting Lord is the one doing it, Lord sees your faith in Him. He will be happy. He, the Almighty One, is in you. He can help you to do a better job. That is why knowing where He is from, he bend down to wash His disciples feet.

John 13:6-8
'He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
Jesus replied, “You do not realise now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

Why Lord Jesus said that unless He wash you, you have no part with Him? Daily, in your life, if you just drift in and out of whatever you need to do and forget about the existence of Lord, even though He is in your spiritual realm, He is not with you in doing any of your thing, so He has no part in your life.

Lord is a gentle God, he will no force Himself on you when you don't welcome him. It is when you see the weakness of self and pray to Him to come in you (body, soul, spirit) to lead you, that you involves Him in your life. By doing so, His Glory and Favour can flows to you. When Su did that when she was serving ASD ministry, Lord gave her wisdom. There was one kid that no one has the clue how to handle him, but Lord gave Su the knowledge and the kid was able to flow in peace in the worship.

Daily, in we played many roles to different environment and persons. It is important to pray for Lord to lead us to do the task. We need his wisdom, his know how. He who knows the past, present and the future can give you the knowledge, to do your job well and to avoid pitfalls. Sis who previously got Lord to lead her in her work was able to avoid pitfalls, our carelessness.

In this end time, Lord wants His children to trust him. He leads me to learn all this and now to share with you. May you learn from it and receive His Glory and Favour working in your life. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

How I write this post? Lord only gave me 1 revelation on the argument of the worker. I obeyed his prompting to write it on my blog without knowing what else to write. I asked him to come in me and come through me to lead me. As I write, He pumped new ideas into me. That's how He works through my life. Does He has a part in my life? Yes, plenty! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

2 comments:

Louvregirl said...

Wash me, Oh God. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Keep writing (sweet) Stephanie.
lg :) Thank you for this (your) post. It speaks well~ volumes :)

Stephanie said...

Hi Louvregirl,

May this renew your believe. Lord Jesus had done a perfect work on you at the cross. All your sins, past, present and future are all judged in the body of Jesus and He proclaim 'It is completed!' All done for us before dismissing His spirit.

Abba Father promise to not to impute anymore sin on you. When you next fallen from Grace, thank Jesus for the perfect work He done for you. Praise Him instead of feeling bad! Glory Glory!

You have to realise the blood of Jesus washed you completely clean 24*7 hrs daily, you are washed whiter than snow!

Old covenant, High Priest could enter the Holy of Holy once a year after all the offering to wash himself clean.

Now, New Covenant, established by the Blood of Lord Jesus, you are always cleansed that Holy Spirit can indwell in you forever!

Lord Jesus opens the way for us to receive all the unmerited, unearned and undeserved blessings. It's not how good we are, but how good our Saviour, Lord Jesus is. We are in Him, when God looks at us, He sees the beauty of Jesus finished work at the cross for you!

Glory Glory!
Amen! Amen!