Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Training Ground of The Lord

From this 1+ year of walking with the Lord, as I lean on Him and learn more about Him, each steps are taken with Him leading the way. During the process, I could see His Grace is with me. The only thing I could not see was the result I wanted. As you know, most of us want our desirable result quick, like Pastor said, in instant noodle time. :P

Lord knows what is the best timing for us, He knows when the flower of the lily should be blossom in its most beautiful moment so that we could enjoy its beauty. In his training for my future healing career with Him, as always, He will tell me that I could go heal people. But each time I prayed healing for friends and relatives, I could see some healed some not. As it’s not something I could do, the only way was to keep on trusting the Lord and learning more about Him from sermons and the Bible. As I know Him more and more, Lord comes closer and closer to me till we are both joined as ONE! Hallelujah!!!

Each anointing from Lord, my healing power grows stronger. Each time He revealed to me about Him, He lets me understands more about His way of life. How He would like to operate through me. Till the time He confirmed that I am a healer, I am still being lead fully. Through this walk, I know there is nothing for me to boast about, for really, it’s not me doing the job, but He in me in operation. How to boast on something that is not from me? :D Praise the Lord!!!

I know Lord is almighty and He could bless us instantly. Yet most time, He wants us to go through a learning curve to get us well equipped. I learn this through my car driving. From one, who is ignorance about how a car operates, I obeyed Lord and went for driving lessons. To aim for driving high end cars, I opt for manual car lesson. Beside no clue about cars, hubby said I walked without noticing thing around me, how am I to drive a car with this kind of attitude. But I know my God will surely bless me.

Each lessons, I had to lean on Lord closely to remove my fear and slowly, like a baby, I learn to walk. Upon finished the number of lessons the driving school has set before I could take the test, I thought I am well able to pass and asked Lord to lead me, bless me. He did bless me in the process, however, I failed both driving tests.

The student driving training booklet of 57 lessons, I completed them all. I thought I should pass long ago, yet each failure, I realised I have more knowledge to pick up. With 2 failed tests, I really feel I could do most things and a bit tired of driving.

Lord impressed me to pick up another 10 lessons before my tomorrow test. As things happened at home, this plan was disrupted. However, Lord let me learn from “outside”. :D As I walked on the road and as I sat in hubby’s car and others, Lord let me see clearly those areas that I need to brush up. Recently I booked 5 more lessons, even though the instructors are computer generated, Lord blessed me with 2 instructors to brush up the area of my lacks. The first one came on the 1st 2 times and the other came to fine tune my driving skill the last 3 times.

With each practise, I realised that most time, we thought that we are well able to do certain thing, Lord know best what we lack. He knows that with training, we will be well prepared for His final blessing of success, to do the things we want to do or have. With this driving practise, I can see that now I could comfortably operate a car and can drive without much fear. Just like Pastor Mark Hankins said, I am well able to posses the blessed land. Praise the Lord for each leading in my life. With this driving lesson coming to an end, Lord has already started a new area to lead me. Praise the Lord!!!

Daddy God, like a baby, I don’t know the sky is so wide. You lead me gently and comfort and assured me in each step I take in faith. Thank You that with each step I walk, I will be a step closer to You. Thank You for each tiny but important leading in my life. Praise You for Your Almighty Hand that push me along the way. Praise You for Your Patience with me. You are really slow to anger, but lots of Love, Joy and Cares. Praise You, Lord Jesus, Amen!!!

Update 18 Apr 2008:
Praise the Lord, I passed my 3rd attempt of driving test. With Lord's blessing, a friendly tester and a favourable road condition, I managed to meet the points needed to pass. No major error, praise the Lord!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going somewhere today that I fear danger. Real, life-threatening danger. We've been assured the danger is under control and we will be safe; however, these same people have violated that trust in the recent past.

I cannot sleep for the fear is growing each moment this trip nears. So I gave up sleeping to come to the computer to seek out help. I typed into the search engine "Lord, is my fear grounded?" and this blog showed up.

Even though you are not talking about anything near to what we are dealing with, your blog still spoke to me and our situation. God told you to step out in faith after you had failed twice, and I felt God telling me that even though others have failed us in this situation, He wants me to step out in faith and trust HIM, not them for our personal safety. I think I can do that. Trust them? no. Trust Him? yes.

Stephanie said...

Hi,

Glad to hear that this post help you. I would like to share what I heard from Rev. Terry Mize.

He said that in his 40 years of serving the Lord, he encountered many threats. As he trusted in Jesus's finished work, as Psalm 103, Lord has redeemed us from destruction, which means we will not meet any mishap. We just need to grab hold of the verse in our heart and go in faith.

Rev Terry Mize said in one of his sermon that he had been to Cambodia a few times. Each time, when the govt in Cambodia heard about his coming, would email him about going to catch him.

Rev Terry Mize would reply that In the Name of King Jesus, his trip would be safe as Lord has promised in Psalm 91 that NOTHING will come near him.

He had been in and out of Cambodia a few times successfully. That he told the people that threat to catch him to send more soldiers as the current numbers did not managed to do the job.

Haha...as we stand on the word of Christ, power is in the word. Lord will sure deliver you, for you are His beloved son.

I pray that the blood of Jesus covered you from the crown of head to the sole of feet, over your body, your soul and your spirit. In the name of Jesus, I cast the spirit of fear away from you. Amen!

When you fear, proclaim this: 'For God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of sound mind.'

May our Beloved Daddy bless you a safe and sound trip. I pray in Jesus Name, Amen.

Shalom,
Stephanie