Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Day as the life of Christian

Recently I start my 2nd round of reading the bible. I am reading the book of John. Interestingly, previously aim was to finish reading the bible, so some of the word of Christ did not leave that much of an impression in me.

All these while, I thought John 3:5 ‘Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.”’ means that we need to water baptize and Spirit baptize to enter the kingdom as said here.

However, on 2nd reading, John 3:6 ‘Flesh gives birth flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.’ I had a better understanding that when we accepted Christ, our Spirits are born again with God’s spirit, so the part of born of the Spirit is explained. Then I wonder about ‘born of water’ part of the statement.

From John 4:13, Lord Jesus said that ‘whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.’ I ever heard from Pastor Prince that praying in the spirit, is the water that quench the fiery dart of the darkness. So now my conclusion is those who accepted Christ, can enter the kingdom of God. This is what my dad experienced. Praise the Lord!

Then from John 4:21 ‘Jesus declared, ‘Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father nor on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.’ John 4:23-24 ‘Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.

This is our life as a child of God, for whatever we need to fill our lack, our problems, pray to Daddy God through Lord Jesus by the word of Christ, and stand strong on the words. We are to pray in the spirit too. So far I learnt that praying in the spirit will quench the fiery dart and renew my youth (Psalm 103).

The crowd of people following Jesus, John 6:28 – 29 ‘they ask him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”’ This was what I asked God long before I came to church, NCC. One day, I heard from the sermons post in NCC site that we must do… to be blessed. Then I asked Lord and opened the bible. He put my focus on John 6:28-29, I was so happy to see it and that is what I have been doing all this 19mths. Praise the Lord!

No comments: