Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Work of His Grace

In this Christian walk, when a child of God received Grace, they feel they are empowered to do something for God. This is what Lord said to Joshua when he took over from Moses to lead the Israelite:

Joshua 1:7 'Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.'

Joshua 1:8 'Do not let this Book of Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.'

But, you may think that you are now under Grace and not under Law! John 6:28 'Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”' John 6:29 'Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”'

You may think that the only thing to do is believe. But Jesus continued to say John 6:32-33 '...it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.'

John 6:48 'I am the bread of life.'
John 6:49 'Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.'
John 6:50 'But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.'
John 6:51 'I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.'

You see! You are to eat Jesus, the bread of life. One aspect of this is the Holy Communion. The other aspect of Jesus, the bread of life, is John 1:1 'In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God.', you must meditate it. It is when you munch on Jesus, the word of Life that eternal life is given to you. John 6:63 'The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing (we the fresh is nothing). The word I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.'

It is this feeding of the word of Christ and our spirit man get stronger and stronger. This means that we become like Jesus more and more. It's is not by us doing anything but munching on the word of Christ.

Has God change? In New Creation Church, you sing 'yesterday, today, forever You're the same' Jesus is the same in the past and in the present. Long time ago He asked Joshua to meditate on His words, so that he will be prosperous and successful.

Now that Jesus revealed Himself as the bread of life and the Word of God, of course, it's still the same, to get more of His life and His prosperity and success, it is still munching His words day and night. The only different is, Joshua meditate only on the book of Law, Lord leads me on the New Testament and book of Proverbs and book of Psalms so far.

It is through this listening to what Pastor Prince revealed about Jesus from his sermon 2002 till now that I see the loveliness of Jesus and the greatness of His works. It's when I realised how BIG God is, that I realised how small I have become. It was the revelation of All His Goodness, that I realised I do not want any part of my old self but the fullness of Jesus. It is when I am nothing that God becomes everything in my life. It is with the fullness of Jesus in my life that Lord can come out of me fully to do His miracles, signs and wonders.

Yes, when God empower us in revelation of His Grace, it's not for us to do nothing. He gives us the feeling to do something, that something is to listen and munch on His words. It's when you do this while trusting in His Goodness and His Grace, that empower you to walk in His Divine Health and Divine Wholeness and His resurrection power will be able to operate freely in you! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

No comments: