Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Promise

After putting the bible aside for sometime, I pick it up again yesterday. As I continued reading the book of John, I get more revelation of me in Christ. Here is part of the prayer of Jesus for us, His disciples and His believers.

John 17:9 ‘I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.’

John 17:11 ‘Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name – the name you gave me – so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:14-19

‘I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.’

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one

‘They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.’

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.’

‘As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.’

‘For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.’

John 17:20 – 26

‘My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.’

‘May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.’

“I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me.’

‘May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.’

‘Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.’

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.’

After reading this prayer, I was feeling so honored that Lord Jesus prayed for me, for Daddy God to protect me from the evil one. From the prayer, I realised that each of us that have accepted Christ, is no more in this world. We are like Lord Jesus when He was on earth. Lord has sent us into the world and we are made Holy by Him. Praise the Lord!!! Lord, thank You for the glory that You have given me.

Lord wanted us to be in complete unity in Him so that the world will know that Father sent Lord Jesus and the world is to know that Daddy God has loved us as much as He loved Jesus.

Lord even prayed for us to be with Him in where He is and see His glory. Daddy God loved Jesus before the creation of the world. Wow!

I don’t know how you feel from reading this prayer. For me, I feel so loved by Lord Jesus and Daddy God. He is so good to take us out of darkness and into His light, the moment we accepted Him.

We are sent by Lord Jesus into this world. There is a shift of position for us, from in the darkness, to be sent by Him into it. Though for us, we don’t feel any different when we accepted Christ, but in actual fact, we are no more the same person. How many of us realise this?

I have heard many times from Pastor Prince that when the soldiers went to capture Lord Jesus, the moment Lord said, “I am” the soldiers fell. In my 1st round of reading the bible, I did not register reading it. Today, upon reading again, I found the verse in John 18:6 ‘When Jesus said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.’

Peter struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. I am amazed by what Jesus said! John 18:11 ‘Jesus commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”’ If Lord Jesus let Peter fight, Daddy God’s will to get Lord Jesus to take our sin will not happen. As said by Lord, “not drink the cup (our sins) the Father has given me?”. Lord loved us so much that He did not want Peter to foil the plan. He willingly went for the crucifixion so that we need not be curse by old age, sickness and death.

Praise the Lord and Daddy God for loving us and me so much!!! Daddy God, Lord Jesus, I love You so much because You love me first. Thank You for forgiving me all my sins, past, present and future. Thank You for imputing Daddy God’s Righteousness to me. Thank You, Lord Jesus. In Jesus Name, Amen!!!

No comments: