Friday, May 2, 2008

Enjoying the Bible

After a few days of not touching the bible, I picked it up to continue reading The book of John again. Nowadays reading the word of Christ with Lord reading for me is real great. :D We both worked together. My eyes focused on the words and He, the Almighty One, read to me. Oh Lord, thank You for letting me knows the emotion that You were going through during that time, 2000 years ago. I love it so much, knowing You in person and getting to know You better.

Months ago, I heard that when 2 or more gather to pray, the prayer is more powerful. At that time, I was talking to Su, being home alone; there was not anyone else except Holy Spirit with me. So I was telling Su that well, with HS and me, there were 2 of us. So, the prayer should be more powerful. Hehe..my reasoning.

A few evening ago, I was reading John and I saw this: John 8:17 ‘In your own Law it is written that the testimony of 2 men is valid. I am (Lord Jesus) one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.’ When I read this, I was think, hey, I talked the same way as Lord! Haha…

I was continued reading John that I came to the part Lord Jesus going to be betrayed soon. John 13:3-5 ‘Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothes, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.’ I don’t know about you, but if it’s me under this situation, I will be panicky or worry, I guess. But Lord Jesus is so calm, peaceful and even caring, cleaning the feet of his disciples.

I was reading another Christian site and like this quote by Watchman Nee very much:

“Because the Lord Jesus died on the Cross,
I have received forgiveness of sins;

because the Lord Jesus rose from the dead,
I have received new life;

because the Lord Jesus has been exalted to the right hand of the Father,
I have received the outpoured Spirit.

All is because of Him; nothing is because of me.”

What a blessed truth that we have! Amen!

No comments: