Friday, December 12, 2008

Walk by Grace

Today is a lazy day for me. Till now I have yet to come close to Lord. Just on the Hokkien Worship songs and checked a few blog. Lord impressed me with what my Su told me recently and I will post about it.

In church, there are many servers serving different areas of work to get the church going. Every Sunday, as I reach church, I like to study the facial expression of ushers. I mean, we are to serve with joy in the Lord. So I like to see cheerful ushers. Some are cheerful some are not. Those who are not do make me wonder if they are flowing in the love of Lord and serving onto Him.

The Ministry Su served in is a pretty young ministry, started up in recent years. As the church announced for new servers in this ministry, Lord told my sis to go apply for it. At that time, sis rarely look after her own sons. But she has an interest in young kids. She was asking Lord why send her to this special ministry as she has no relevant skill at all.

Fortnightly, as she goes for her service, she has to pray for Lord to come into her and be the One serving. She is just there as His body. Many times, at the time that they supposed to be there, Su found that she is the only one present, besides the leaders. She was wondering what happen to the rest, why they didn’t turn up as told. This goes on for some time that recently, in a meeting, the person-in-charge thank sis for being around to help set up the place.

The next week, even it’s their off service day, Su saw some of her serving partners came to serve too, on their off day. Su was wondering why when Lord starts talking to her.

It’s important that one goes to surf the Lord and pray for Lord’s presence and let Lord works through them. Sis always pray, and Lord always strengthen her that she did not burn out. The rest of the servers, I had this impression that they serve by their own strength and will power. Over time, this run dry and they get tired and come later. Lord was telling sis that they come on their off day as work aka Law, they saw sis got praised and started serving on their off day.

Do not use own strength to serve the Lord. There are so many thousands of servers that if one go by own strength and will power, the joy in serving will not last. It is better to trust in the Lord and let Him strengthen one and serve with results.

Daily, at time, I do not have the mood to do my worship and meditation too. I will pray to Lord to give me His Great Grace and Great Mercy to flow in me to enable me to worship and meditate. Lord is always happy to serve us. He can’t do much if one did not pray for His help. I admit by my own strength, I am nothing. I depend on Lord daily to be my Saviour and my Shepherd, in Him is strength that we need to get the maximum results.

May you trust in the Lord and let Him serve through you. His Grace, even though come at a Great Price, is free for us. So, let’s login to Lord Grace and let the serving onto Him be of Great Results! I pray in Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments: