Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Righteousness of God in Christ

Previously, I had always confessed “I have the righteousness of Jesus” when fighting the adversaries from victory ground. After a long break from Pastor Prince sermons, I decided to listen to some of his 2002 sermons. I was listening to this sermon, Righteousness – The Key to receive ALL Things 21st Jun 2002, which I realised that this Righteousness that I had been claiming all these while is the same Righteousness that Father God has. What I meant was, previously, I did listen to Pastor Prince mentioned about it. However, somehow, I could not accept it that I had the same Righteousness as Father God has. But today, I have no problem believing it. Praise the Lord!

Another issue that I used to believe was By His Stripes, I am healed, especially after watching “The Passion of Christ”, I thought the stripes on Lord Jesus was from the Roman soldiers. It was upon listening to the above sermon that I realised that is not the stripes that the verse, “By His stripes, I am healed” was referring to.

At the cross, Father God left Lord Jesus, and Lord Jesus cried out, My God, My God. Father God being so loving us, the human, He put all our judgments on Lord Jesus. Isaiah 53:4-5, ‘Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by Him and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.’. IT was through these verses preached in the sermon that I realised it was God judging him with all our sins and sicknesses that I can claim that by his stripes, I am healed. Hallelujah to the Almighty King of King, Lord of Lord, The Christ!

No comments: