Monday, July 16, 2007

An Encounter with the Lord

After watching KCM site sermon for quite sometime, I found my joy in the Lord missing. I was telling WK about it and comparing to Su’s joy in the Lord and her strong resistance to the adversaries. I was wondering where I had lost myself. WK suggested I followed my sis; I am to return to listen to Pastor Prince Sermon.

Thursday I tried that, and got lots of distractions that I had forgotten the good points I wanted to share with Kr. Friday, I was more focused and could absorb the sermons finally. The sermon I was listening was talking about Moses and Caleb etc. While I was following the sermon and looking at Leviticus, I realised I had only a few more pages of Exodus to finish. I had stopped reading Exodus because I felt so bored reading it. After listening to the sermon, I felt reading Exodus 27 onwards was easy to complete and scheduled to read it on Saturday, while waiting for JC during her weekend Chinese enrichment.

I set myself in a comfortable seat just outside the centre. I was so absorbed by what Lord God told Moses on Mount Sinai, the holiness of the tabernacle to set up and the garments details of the priest etc. I had heard from Pastor Prince that it was a description of Christ Jesus that Father God was telling Moses, so I paid full attention reading every single word of them.

I was so absorbed somewhere in the midst of those reading; I could feel something surrounded me and even could feel something happening to my head. But I ignored it and continued reading. After a long while, about an hour, I looked up and noticed there were many parents standing around waiting for their kids. Somehow, didn’t know why, none of them dare to sit on the empty seat next to me. It was after I looked up that one grandma came sat down for a short while and then left, another dad came over to sit after another pause. I was winding down the reading as I approached Exodus 39. That whole 1 ¼ hrs was so special. I don’t know how to describe the event to you. Guess it was a strong anointing from the Lord! Praise the Lord!

From this reading, I get a better understanding of the Lord. In the old covenant, we cannot approach the God anytime, even if we could, it was the outer court where we brought the animal of sacrifice. The priest, they could only enter the holy of holy only after the sanctification process. And, when the Lord God came to reside in the Holy of Holy, the priest could not go in there anymore. They could only observe from outside to see if the cloud of Lord rise or fall to determine if they should go out far.

The High Priest could only enter the Holy of Holy once a year. He had to wear his sanctified garment; the incense smoke had to fill the holy of holy. Only when Lord God hugged him, then he could speak in a unknown tongue.

Today, I feel so honored that Father God removed all these sacred processes and restrictions through Lord Jesus, so that we could come close to Him anytime. We could call Him, Daddy; we even have the spirit of God to reside in us so that could also speak in tongue anytime we feel like it.

Bob Fitts song, I will bow to You, really playing at a right time at this moment.

Father God, thank You for being such a Loving and Caring God. Thank you for leading me so closely. Thank You for being patience to my moments of laziness in reading the bible. Thank You for loving me no matter what I am. Praise Your Almighty Name, Lord God, Heavenly Daddy, Lord Jesus the Almighty One and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: