Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How did I start My Walk of This Destiny

I come from an idol worshipping family and my father was even helping out at a Chinese temple ever since I was borned. Mum was critically ill after giving birth to me and for 2 years, she was reduced to skin and bone. Doctors could not tell what's wrong with her but Lord saved her in the end. This led to my dad faithfully served that temple till near his death some years back! That's their first understanding of the spiritual world!

For me, Lord has been leading me all these years. With a reality talking to Him to an inner voice guiding me. But I do not know it was Him then. Through the growing years, I prayed to this idol for answers, even for protection! However, time and time again, I did not get my answer, so in the end, after a spiritual attack in my teens year, I decided that idol is not god! How can it be god when my parents prayed to it daily at home, burning joss sticks and dad serving it for so long and yet, I was attacked in my sleep and it in my house, could do nothing about it.

Even so, I did declare to ex in the early of the marriage that man problem, look to man for answer, but spirit problem, must look to spirit for answer! I said this before knowing Jesus! Unknowingly, I led devil into my house to attack me years later that led me seeking for the God that could give me the answer!!! Glory Glory!!!

When I first stepped into New Creation Church, Singapore, I was overwhelmed by Lord's promise that all that I want, His Answer is 'YES' and 'AMEN'. This was first time I heard of such promises. I was so absorbed by Lord's Goodness that I hungered for His Words through the preaching. Partly, I wanted to shake off the satan that was 'chasing' me, pushed me even more eager to get nearer to Lord; to absorb more and more of Him so that I could get away from darkness.

As I joy in the Lord and His Goodness through the preaching of Jesus in NCC, Lord led me to borrow more sermon CDs to listen. I got a good bath from His Words through listening attentively to ALL His Promises!!! It was in this Joy of the Lord that Lord give me an urge to access His Resurrected Power that Pastor Prince and Pastor Mark explained is very dynamic! I had an urgency to know this power.

Then I learnt that it is through Lord's anointing that come about the power. Lord also let me grabbed onto the verse that as long as I seek His Righteousness and His Kingdom first (Lord gave me an understanding that it's about knowing Jesus), so I continued to go to every Sunday service and also the bible study during the weekday to learn about Jesus!!! Glory Glory!!!

Beside this power, Lord also led me by His Blessing. I learnt that whatever I want, Lord could bless, so I just continued believing. Glory Glory! With this Joy for the Lord, it led to an overflow that Lord led people to me for me to share to them about Jesus! Wherever I went, there will be people approaching me with problems and I would share that they could get their answer through Jesus! Glory Glory! Of course, Lord has been faithfully healing me, blessing me that I could talk the Truth! Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

It is clinging to His Promises and He showing me that they are the Truth that I continue to walk in it. That's when He led me to start reading about Him in His Words. From listening, go into reading His Words. I wanted to obey but the weekly anxiousness about getting into Rock auditorium to hear Him and to chop the seats for Su and WK, took away my time to start reading.

In 25th May 2007, when bible study was finally stopped that I found my days free, my mind not occupied. Out of the free time, finally I picked up the bible and read wherever I went. Even in waiting for my girl in her Chinese enrichment class or waiting for my driving lesson to start, you will find me always reading the bible. Glory Glory!

From listening to reading, after reading the bible and I could see God, the Father's heart clearly; His Heart is always for His People!!! even in the Old Testament!!! I also see His Mightiness, that I know it's better to stand on His Side than on the enemy side!!! Glory Glory!!!

Then He sent Rev Joe Purcell to preach about meditating the seed and Pastor Prince to preach about meditation that I starting talking to Lord personally. As I get to know Him on a personal level, slowly, as my faith to His Goodness grow, He come closer to talk to me. It is through always looking at Jesus and His Finished Work that Lord walked closer and closer to me till He come in me so strongly that I know it's about Him and not about me.

Through yielding for Gifts of His Spirit, I realised that it's about looking at Jesus and His Finished Work at the Cross that Lord will come in me and come through me to do all the Work of the Spirit, all His Gifts. It's Him at Work and Not me at work!!! Glory Glory!!!

So, forget I said about meditation or about reading the bible. It's about Joy in the Lord that leads to all these fruits of the Spirit!!! As what He talks in 1 Corinthians 11 onwards....as I was watching in Youtube on Pastor Prince preaching to the leadership camp about 'Moving by Grace in the Holy Spirit's Gifts' that Lord put in me this post!!! Glory Glory!!! Amen Amen!!!

No comments: