Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Rod

Isn't it wonderful? When Lord wants to lead us, even from 'Humorous Bible Illustrations' that is more for laugh, could also be used by Abba. Praise the Lord!!!

Since last year, my girl for whatever reason, started this crying spell over wanting her way. I was coping with it each time and wonder how to deal with it. Jc was a shy girl by nature. Abba Father has strengthened her a lot since she entered Primary School but generally she is still shy.

Since young, I have not beat my girl at all. Hubby has told me that using cane is the last resort. He said parents are supposed to be smarter than the kid. I should think of alternative way to deal with her. I have not let her face the wall for her rebellous nature just purely refused to do it. I am tired of fighting with her. Only recently then I tried getting her into her room when she cried. It had been this crying spell on wanting to go play ground and watch her cartoons. Most of the time I give in and that wasn't of much help. Hubby said I let her climb all over me.

Sometime back, from Malcom's blog, I read about Pastor Prince 'Humorous Bible Illustrations' and Lord impressed me to have it. I had watched some of Pastor Prince humorous teaching on youtube that I wanted to watch this too. Last Sunday, while buying Pastor Prince's last week sermon, Lord impressed me to buy this dvd too. As I was watching it last night, the few scriptures from 'Child Discipline' jumped out at me. It left a deep impression in me.

Here is the verses:
Proverb 22:15 'Foolisness is bound up in the heart of a child; the rod of correction will drive it far from him'
Proverb 13:24 'He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly.'
Proverb 23:13-14 'Do not withhold correction from a child, for if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, and deliver his soul from hell.'
Proverb 29:15 'The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.'
Proverb 29:17 'Correct your son, and he will give you rest;yes, he will give delight to your soul.'

Yes, I have been nagging my girl to do her things and it's tiring to nag at her to move. I do not want her to bring shame to me. As I told you, I am not one who fight. For my girl, I am also the same. I usually only hit her if she hit me, 1 for 1, that's all. This afternoon, I saw her black mood coming, I wanted her to off the TV and to go shower, she took some compromise before doing it. After shower, I was teaching her the Chinese assesment. Of the 6 fill in the blank Question, she got only 2 correct. I asked if she understands what the answers given in a box means. She said no. After translate it to English, she understood most of it even though it's through some guessing. Come to the last question, she was looking at what's the choice left over to make her choice answer.

I was telling her that it's important for her to know what the sentence was talking about rather than to find what is the correct answer. Stubborn her refused to listen. She was frustrated. In her frustration, she hit me. At each hitting, I return her a heavier blow. She was still fumming, even though I tell her I learnt TKD before and could easily subdue her, she still tried to fight me. She cried a bit but was fumming mad inside. I told her to go to her room to think over, but she stayed outside the computer room and kicked at the glass door. I was still not into beating her up, but guess Lord is leading me. I had this impression that I need to do it.

Since her dark cloud was still all over her face, with Lord pushing me, finally I went out to beat her more. I remembered Pastor Prince said we cannot use our hand, as the kid will be confused if the hand is to love or to hit. But my house have no cane. Her toy tennis racket was laying nearby, I used the net to beat her bum but it bouce away and the racket broket into two. A tiny recorder rod that came with the recorder was used next, but I felt that it's too light for me and too painful for her. In the end, I used a empty Zapple pet bottle to do the job.

Jc thought that I was having fun with her. Her daddy had played with her before and she did not think much of it. She was still fighting me and having fun. After a short while, I thought that was enough, but she was still in her mad stage. In the end, I told her, since was she still so, maybe she need some beating. So I bend her down on my lap and give her a few more beating. Finally, her dark cloud was gone. She was crying and even pushed away the tissue box I passed to her.

I let her cry for sometime while I worshipped the Lord with 'Unleashed - Jesus, You're My Lord'. After some crying, she called out for me. Lord told me it's time to comfort her. I wet a face towel and bring it to her. After drying her tears, she was telling me her head pain, I helped her to pray over it. She was hugging me after that and falling into sleep. So lead her to her room to sleep.

1 hr later, I woke her up, as it dinner time and I don't want her to over sleep and affect her night sleep. She cried and resisted from waking up. After some try, she was finally up. She tried some crying spell on me again. Lord bless me with peace and I ignored her. I stand firm on the curfew that she has to follow. Finally, at dinner time and sleeping time, she is a peaceful sweet girl.

Lord asked me to meditate as He wanted to talk to me. This is what He told me:
'Father is happy that finally you lay hand on your girl. Withhold the rod, spoilt the kid. Now that you have discipline her, she will be a better person. She has realised that what used to work is not going to work anymore. She knows she has to do her part. From now on, she will listen to you. She will not be the wildful girl that just want to watch cartoons and go play ground.

Father is happy that now your family are all moving in the loving, happy family. This is my blessed family life for you.' Praise the Lord for his leading me into this blessed family life. Hallelujah!!!

Partly I do not want to beat my girl because she lack of confident in front of fierce people, be it kid or adult. I do not want to hit her into worst situation. Guess Lord knows what she needs. I pray to Lord that not by my power nor by my strength, but by His Spirit, to go change my girl's character. Lord promised to bring up her confidence and assurance. Praise the Lord.

Daddy God, thank You for Your leading. I don't know how to deal with my girl but You bring us to our rightful position. Thank YOU that You will teach my girl in all areas of her life. Thank You very much!!! Amen & Amen!!!

No comments: