Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Precious Little One

For us, being parents to our precious little one, how many of you do not worry about your kids study and their future? I confess that I am one kiasu parent. In my younger days, my grades are not bad too, and I see my nieces and nephews studying also pretty ok, I do have high hope for my girl. However, this girl is like what Lord tells me, a headache!

Younger days in kindergarten, she was so shy and quiet on a class as her own that nobody understood. Teacher could ask her if she wanted a jelly from 1 corner of the eating area, she would stand on the other end, looking at the teacher and would not response. Principal and teachers, who are into young kids education and mental abnormality, tried to classified her into certain abnormal kid, but they could not one that fit her!!! Yes, for me as her mum, I was headache on how to guide her. She in her shyness was clinging to me when she was young, even at my mum place. Dare not play with my nieces and nephews and dare not call any of the uncles and aunties.

The 4.5 years in the kiddy, her classmates knew her so well that whenever the teacher asked if she like something, they would help her to reply. She was in Montessori kiddy, so everyday have to select own task. My girl would just stand there and did not respond. I have to suggest to the teacher to get her conditioned the day before that she has to choose a task the next day. She was so scared of adult that she took half a year to get comfortable with the teacher and love the teacher much the next half year. Come next year, she would miss the previous year teacher and the cycle went on.

K2 final parent-meet-teacher time, her teacher was concerned about her adaptability in Primary school. In this kiddy, all the teachers and schoolmates knew her well. They could accommodate to her way of life. But in Primary school, it is a brand new environment and she has to be able to defend against bully that I often heard from other parents.

Blessed the Lord, Daddy God brought me to Him 1 year before Jc graduated from kiddy. I learnt about Daddy God could do anything, nothing is impossible for Him. I know by believing in Him, all that the lack in Jc will be satisfied and fill up. I told the Kiddy teacher not to worry, I knew my Daddy God will fill her up so that she has no problem in Primary school. All that I confessed and believe in my heart, 1 day before Primary school started, as I was letting Holy Spirit pray for Jc to sleep well, Lord came through and fill up her lacks, as I continue the prayer in the spirit, Lord showed me visions of me confessing, that moment, I know He was filling Jc up. Praise the Lord!!!

Generally, Jc was still a bit shy girl. But praise the Lord, He got E to invite Jc to play with her girl in the playground. This almost 1 year of playing has get Jc more exposed to other kids and established her social skill. When other adult ask her something, she could reply too. Praise the Lord!

New set of problem arise from this Primary school system. Jc was easily distracted and could not focus in class. Sometimes, she could receive wrong message or did not receive the full message. Being a English speaking family, she has problem understanding what the Chinese teacher is talking. Blessed be the Lord, even so her Chinese results for the few tests were pretty good. All thanks to Lord Jesus for blessing her intelligence to pick up information and concepts fast.

As a clueless parent in this primary school system, I am clueless on how to guide Jc along. In fact, I hardly guide her most of the time, my time was spent with the Lord daily. When I realise she was weak in certain area in her English and Maths, Lord lead me to find assessments that could help, Lord helped to pick the books as there were so many in the market and I didn’t know what is suitable for her. Praise the Lord. However, as a clueless parent, I don’t know how about constantly guiding her. I was like teaching her 1 time and expecting that she pick it up.

Now her final year exam is coming to an end, only left the Chinese Paper 2 that is on next week. As you read my previous panicky post on her, I have slowly learned to rely on Lord to bless her, as He promised that He will teach our little ones. Praise the Lord!

Recently as I meditated Psalm 115:14, this is what Lord promised me: ‘Lord will surely bless Jc in her studies. I will take away her lack of concentration and focus. I will bless her with good understanding of all her subjects including Chinese. I will bless her with boldness and confidence. She will be a well-loved student and friend in the eye of the teachers and classmates and friends. There is a growth period for Jc. The changes will take place from P2-P5’ Praise the Lord!!!!

As I place my trust in Him on leading my girl, Lord is leading Jc through a learning curve. Now I get a better understanding of Lord’s blessing on studies. He could bless the kids with the intelligence and understanding to study and the focus and concentration needed. But for pumping of information that is needed in the learning process, we have to make sure it is properly feed to our little one.

It is like my personal experience, Lord could bless me the interest to read the bible and the endurance to complete it. But I have to pick up the bible and start reading. Lord leads me through this 1 year encounter with Jc and what He blessed me that now, I finally knows how His blessing on studies works. Praise the Almighty Lord Jesus, who is always so caring and so sweet to all His Children. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Amen!

No comments: