Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tearing Down the Wall of Separation

This is from my study bible:

‘But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear’ Isaiah 59:2

Nothing works in our lives when we don’t live God’s way, not the least of which is that our prayers are not answered. This verse says that our sins separate us from God so that He will not hear us when we pray. Don’t let unconfessed sin separate you from God and hinder your prayers.

If you can’t think of any sin in your life, ask God to show you whatever you need to see in that regard. All of us get things in our hearts, souls, minds, attitudes, and emotions that shouldn’t be there and are not God’s best for our lives. Often we have sin in our hearts and lives and don’t even realize it until we start paying the consequences for it. Don’t let any separation happen between you and God. Talk to Him daily about the condition of your heart. Ask God often to keep you undeceived. And when He reveals any sin, confess it immediately so that you can be cleansed of it.

We all fail at times, so don’t let any failure on your part hinder your prayer in any way. If you take care of this issue by yourself with God in the daytime, by confessing and repenting of all sin as soon as you are aware of it, then you won’t have to be dealing with the effects of it when you are trying to sleep at night.

Off hand, from the bible, disbelieve in Jesus is a sin. No wonder there was a sermon on condemnation, guilt, fear and stress prevents blessings from flowing through. Praise the Lord!

On my blog, I have posted things that block blessings from flowing. You can read previous post to learn about it. Pastor Prince has a few sermons on this topic. Below are the few I know:

26/04/2002 - The Barrier to Receiving from God

14/07/2002 - Worry Not About Tomorrow

06/01/2006 - The Root Cause of Your Problem is Condemnation

08/01/2006 - When You are Under Condemnation, God's Favour cannot flow

24/03/2006 - Sweat leads to Anger

Since Daddy God has told my church that 2008 is the year of blessings from Deut 28, learn what keep you away from getting your prayer answered, so that you could receive abundantly from Daddy. :D Hallelujah!

These are the 2 verses that caught my attention when I read ‘Confess the Word’ in NCC site:

Honour the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
Proverbs 3:9–10

Whenever I listened to the tithing sermon, I would always wonder if I should tithe 10% of my saving, since this I saved before coming to Christ. On Sunday, I finally tithe it to NCC Church Building Fund. Praise the Lord! Just now as I was laying hand on JC to let Lord bless her with peaceful sleep, Lord starts my 1st blessing of 2008. Hallelujah!!!

JC got a fall in the shower and got a cut under her lower chin, Lord earlier told me to call Su to pray with me for her chin healing. Just now as I lay hand for her sleep, Lord prayed another time of healing for her chin. Then He prayed for her peaceful sleep, after that He continues to pray for all the worries I have for JC as she is starting Primary 1 tomorrow. I have been trusting Lord to bless her in those areas.

Whatever worries I had the past 2 months, Lord flashes into my brain and I know He is blessing JC that removed my worries for her studies and socializing. As the prayer goes on, He flashes one by one of my worries. It was a long prayer, after it finished, Lord confirmed His blessings and told me no worries. I am so happy now. Hallelujah!!!

This is the other verse:

And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
Romans 4:19–21

The part on Abraham did not waver at the promise of God jumped out at me. Now I also wants to be like Abraham, to have strong faith that Lord will surely brings the blessings He promised to me to past. I will wait patiently for it to happen.

Daddy God, thank You for leading me to tithe my saving so that your blessings can come through. I know now 90% of my saving will not remain that way, I know You will surely brings Your abundant harvest into my saving, my life and my family life. Hallelujah!!! Amen!

Daddy God, last Christmas or New Year eve, You said 2007 was the year of new beginning. I believed in You and trusted in You in leading me. Thank You that now finally I am starting on the new beginning that You put in my mind long ago. Praise Your Almighty Name, Lord Jesus! Thank You, Holy Spirit for Your daily leading. Hallelujah!!! Amen!

No comments: