Monday, February 5, 2007

Is Lord Talking? Are you listening?

When you go to church, are you going for God’s Words or are you going to see a pastor? In my church, there is a pastor, who is very popular among the church congregation. When he is preaching, people go to church very early just to get in front of the queue into the main hall. There would be a long queue of people waiting for the church door to open. Sometime, the queue is slightly shorter and when the service started, I realized he was not the one preaching.

Recently, the church website added the info of who the preacher is for a particular session. The long queue was non existence! Somehow, a lot of people did not turn up for the guest preacher. This get me wondering if this group of people, who did not turn up, are they going for the pastor or Father God’s message.

The Lord has anointed me to do counseling as part of my future service for Him. From my limited personal counseling experience with different Christian friends, Holy Spirit in me did talk of things that I had no idea of to the receivers. Many a time, it was about their past, which my friends did not reveal to me. I am just an empty vessel for the Lord to preach through me. I know Father can preach through the pastors too, no matter who they are.

When I go church, I go with the purpose of listen to what the Lord has to tell me. So no matter which pastors, I will still attend. As I am going for God’s Words, not pastors words. This lead me to feel that the people, who skipped church service due to pastors, are the people, whom need the Lord Words most; to get their own revelation to move closer to the Lord. I feel sad that they miss such a wonderful sermon.

Another issue I encountered before was, I had ever found the sermon hard to digest, yet to my friend, it was a wonderful sermon. So, the issue is, can you trust what your friend had listened?

The same sermon I talked about above, my friend was telling me that it was hard to understand and many people had walked off half way, she did too. I was wary of it when I heard from her, especially after the d had tried to influence me that this sermon was going to be like one previous sermon, which the guest speaker preached about works of man instead of Jesus. Anyway, I decided to go no matter what, and did not let d influence me. However I do know of people who miss out this preacher wonderful message during the weekday bible study and Sunday service. May their eyes and heart open to the Lord when He speaks. Amen!

No comments: