Monday, August 2, 2010

The Cross of Jesus

Mathew 16:24 'Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”'

Matthew 16:25 '”For whoever wants to save his life will lost it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it”'

Matthew 16:26 '”What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?”'


Many has various ways of understanding these verses and even to the extend of creating a cross like Jesus and hang themselves up there. Is it what Jesus meant? When I read of such, I hit my forehead with my palm and shake my head.

By the Grace of Lord Jesus, Lord has led me step by step in letting go of self and let Him come through me. When I was a young Christian, I learn that God wants all the Glory to go to Him. At that time, being new to Christianity, and so full of self, I asked Lord. I was thinking, if all that I have done the glory goes to God, then where is my “glory”, the feel good about I have accomplished something. Then Lord revealed to me, my glory will be stored in heaven, it won't rot. At that time, the innocent me said, 'Okay, since store in heaven, and is preserved and not rotten, sound good to me.' And I agreed to pass all the glory to Lord.

Then I learned that Lord Jesus wanted to come in me and take over me. The innocent me wondered again, “If Jesus occupy me, where will I go then?” But I scary passed myself to Lord, and invite Him to come in me, I realised that with Lord in me, I become a better me. I rested the fear and from then on, I asked Lord to come in me and lead me, esp in the thing related to His Kingdom, but whatever I don't know how to do, I pray to Lord to come in me and lead me. Lord Jesus always faithful and give me His wisdom to accomplish whatever I need to do at that moment.

Through this first interaction with Lord and slowly, learning how Big and Mighty He is, I realised there is nothing worthy in me that is worth keeping. It was then Lord revealed that in Him, I am just a breath. You can find this in book of Psalm, that said no matter how rich or poor one is, he is just a breath. Glory to Lord Jesus!

With this believe I am just a breath and all about me is Him, Lord let me realised that I am Nothing in me, He is everything in me. When I realised this, Lord comes mightily out me anytime He wants to talk to someone or lead me to lead someone to Him. He comes out of me to speak or move me in certain direction or act in certain way freely.

This is what Jesus mean to take up His cross and follow Him. Learn all that you can about Lord Jesus and His Righteousness. The more you learn about Jesus and let this get into part of your life, living it out, your thoughts will be like His thoughts that over time, you and Lord become One.

Be doer of His word, example, Lord said you are the Righteousness of God in Christ. How you work it out? When you face a situation that is condemning you, proclaim you are the Righteousness of God in Christ till that evil feeling fly off. Faith is about believing and boldly speaking it persistently till Jesus give you His Shalom Peace. Glory Glory!

When you trust in Lord Jesus goodness and see nothing of self, the scriptures is fulfilled in you. Isn't this what Lord wants us to do? To be like Him?

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 '...whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit'

Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

No comments: