Monday, August 10, 2009

Christ in Our Marriage

Yesterday, Pastor Prince preached a good sermon on Roman 7, where Paul described our relationship with Law and Grace – Jesus. We were married to Law when the children of Israel told God that all that He ask, they could do. The 10 commandments were given. The Law is Holy and the Law is Justice. It cannot bend in anyway to accommodate our fall short, otherwise, it is no more Holy and Righteous.

In this marriage, if we go for Christ, we are into sin – adulterous. But in a marriage, if one party is to die, then the Law binding this marriage will not be applicable.

Lord Jesus is the willing sacrificing Lamb. He very willing to serve us. Whatever we cannot do, cannot fulfill, He did it for us. To die from this marriage to Law, Lord Jesus died for us and freed us, the child of God, from fulfilling the Law. He died and 3 days later rose again. Through this crucification on the cross, we died with Him and rose again as the new creation. 2 cor 5:17 'Therefore, if anyone IS in Christ, the old has gone, the new as come!

Since in Christ, we are New Creation, how to walk out this life of Christ. In this life, Christ is the one that willing and able to walk the life fulfilling the Law of Love. In our nature, we cannot and not able. Looking into our marriage, if we constantly draw our love out from our partner, we dry them up like a sour prune. But if we draw our love from Jesus, He gets stronger and stronger in us and will leads us to walk out His love.

I was looking at the couple, Pastor Prince used as demonstration on marriage to Jesus. The man is Jesus and the wife typify us, man. The wife was smiling on stage, but as Pastor Prince preached about whatever she needs and whatever she have to do in that marriage, Jesus, will surely provide the ability. Jesus will not condemn her. All that she need, he will provide, not her. As she looked to her husband instead of Jesus, the smile on her face was dropping off.

Daily, if we look to how our husband treats us, to see how much he love us, we can draw the husband dry. If he could constantly love you, he could be God but he is not and man cannot constantly love us. The only person that could love us constantly and without fail is JESUS.

How to draw from Jesus? You have to realise that you are the Righteousness of God in Christ that you will dare to go to Him, the Father, Abba, for love.

In our daily encounter with our spouse, surely there will be some disagreement, anger or unhappiness. The normal practise for man is to question the other party. But God made us in His image, we are the Righteousness of God in Christ. Man nature is of Christ, His body is pure, he could not accept any condemnation nor sickness. When he encounter it, his defence is up and surely nasty words will be thrown back in response to your accusation.

A couple of people, whom know of my divorce, was wondering why I could remain so peaceful even in this divorce. Even P also questioned me on this peacefulness.

This is about knowing my Daddy God, Abba Father, will surely take good care of me. In my walk for the 9-10 months of awakening to the reality, when I looked at what husband did, it would only bring pain, heartache, anger, resentment, even revenge. But I refuse to submit to the nature. I look to what Jesus provided me at the Cross. I cast all my sadness and unforgiving to Lord Jesus nail pierced hands. Lord is faithful in clearing all of the not peacefulness from me and bless me His Shalom Peace. Glory Glory.

Daily, whatever lemon that is thrown to us, be it from husband, kids or working colleagues or anyone that come into contact with us, cast the lemon to Lord Jesus nail pierced hand and look to Him for deliverance.

You could manifest the Lord's hand into (the situation or person you encounter). Bind the satan out of (the situation or person) and throw it down to hell in the name of Jesus. By praying this, you free that person from being use by satan to cause your unhappiness. After that, plea the blood of Jesus to seal up that person from satan manipulation.

It's through this daily walk that I draw peace from Jesus. With His Shalom Peace, He enabled me to love my family. When I show love, the person receiving surely, will response in peace and love. So, even in divorce where emotion can be so far stretched, P response in peace. As I cast all my emotion and feelings about P to Lord, and get Him to help me clear it off, I could even give P a hug, but it's a hug with no emotion involve. Deep right? Hehe...only by the Grace of Jesus that I was enabled to do it. Glory Glory! Amen Amen!

Abba father, I thank You for leading me to write this post. I know from the response in church, many marriage are under attack as hardly any husband nor wife said Amen to what Pastor Prince prompting and re-prompting. If you are facing situation at home, look to Christ for deliverance. Amen Amen!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Stephanie,

Just want to share this with you.
I came across this:
http://www.lornematthews.com/articlespages/Hedge.html

Stephanie said...

Hi Rose,

Thank you for this site. I prayed the Hedge before. The thing is, P has a close buddy in term of Fly, who is a women hunter. There is no short supply of women to P. After one gone another come. I prayed many times liao.

The main issue is he does not believe in Jesus. And standing at the opposite end. To him I am a spiritual idiot. One that he want to give up. His heart is 100% dead on me. That is why Lord tells me to give him up.

The fact is, my marriage to him, a lot of things of my daily life and his did not interact. Lord revealed he married me bec of my sexy body previously, not bec of loving me as a person.

I looked back my 10 years of marriage and a lot of question marks I had became clear when I realise he did not ever love me.

I've just explained my 10 years of marriage to an old auntie and she also finally could see that it's better be ended.

Yes, I give in to him a lot. So used to get by his way.

In fact, Lord is making me sexy and slim again and had told me not to u-turn back to him when he likes the new body Lord blessed me.

Thanks anyway!