Monday, February 2, 2009

I care about small things

Abba Father, the only Real God around, even though He is so BIG, the whole universe is just on His palm, actually bothers to care about the small things in our life. Just feel like sharing what Lord has been caring for me.

I for one, not like the usual woman. I do not like to make up and don't even bother to dress up to show others that I am of certain 'status'. I feel that if people wants to know me, they should look at the real me instead of my dress-up. You see, this bochap, don't bother attitude, even mum nagging and friends nagging, I still don't bother. However, Lord bothers, Praise the Lord!!!

This Father of mine, He likes me to dress up and be presentable. He started with sending me to attend make-up course a few months ago. Then a few weeks ago, He get Su to bring me to a certain designer shop to buy some new clothes. Hehe...this lady, who do not like shopping for clothes, has not buy any new clothes for 3 yrs or so. Every standard outing dressing for me is a presentable t-shirt and a pair of pants. That's my years of dressing in this way ever since I become a house wife. Lord has other plan for me.

When I first wore the blouse I bought, I actually didn't feel comfortable. After a day of wearing it, then I get used to it. However, my daily home wear is dated t-shirt plus knee length shorts. Why dated t-shirts, I have been wearing them for many years, they are comfortable and soft to wear that I preferred this to those body hugging tees that most lady wear.

Guess, wearing such home wear sending and fetching Jc from school, guess other mums don't give me much respect. This one mum, E, even get angry with me for not going to the playground with Jc. She felt that I let others adults take care of my girl. In actual fact, the kids are playing by themselves and the adults just hang around gossiping, which is not my cup of tea.

Recently, Jc wanted a birthday party, so I thought of using the rooftop garden to celebrate and pray to Lord to bless me cool weather, the party was from 3-5pm. That afternoon, there wasn't a cloud in the deep blue sky and the sun was very bright shining straight up. I prayed again there came a cloud, but was soon blew away by the strong wind.

All the kids were smart, they all run to my home to play, while the adult stayed in the hot bbq pit shelter. As it was too hot to hold the party out there, I invited the adults to my home after consulting Lord and on the aircon instead. Many of the kids praise that my home is very beautiful. Some mums also commented I am a fortune tai tai. They did look around my house.

After the party, I found that the mum, E, who used to show me a dark face, actually showed me a present face. A lot of other mums also be more present to me. Praise the Lord. Lord then revealed to me that He wanted the mums to come to see my home, to know that I am not those poor, cheapo person.

Hehe, things we bought for this house, actually we used to it and don't bother about it. Hubby cares about design, comfortable instead of price. I used to check for the price of things when I go shopping. Ever since hubby told me not to look at the price, but to see if I really like that item, I had since adopt this attitude in my purchase.

We have done up this house because we like warm cosy place. We bought designer sofa because it so comfortable to seat and lay on. We have computers with flat screens monitor and notebooks around the house, mainly because it used to be a love of hubby. We have big oven because of our cooking and baking needs. Hubby want a good one. I love good pots, I did bought a series of AMC pots. I have Kenwood large mixer and I have bread maker too. I have dishwasher as my hands are sensitive to detergent. As hubby and me are lazy to hang clothes, we have dryer too.

All we have is because we love good design and we like comfortable and our needs. To us that is normal, nothing great to show off about, but when the mums saw them, they wow over them. I write all these is not to show off, but to let you know what I am talking about Lord wanting others to respect me more than I should deserve. Haha...actually I did not realise my home look so good till the kids and mums look in amazed.

Lord has other plan for me, He told me where next to go get my clothes and to buy myself some jewellery to wear. Hehe..I do not wear any accessories, only thing I have on me is my earrings I had ever since I went with Jc to poke holes on the ears, and a watch. But Lord is leading me to dress up nicely for Him, praise the Lord.

Su had been dressing down ever since her last job that she spent almost the whole day and night 7 days a week working. But Lord bless her with good taste for fine dressing that now she dress up prettily. Lord blessed her hubby with good taste for fashion that he could select dresses, accessories, and even sandals for her. Recently in their Bangkok trip, he chosen so many good designer sandals for her that an western lady, who was there shopping, commented he has good taste. Praise the Lord.

Now, who says Daddy God has no time for small things?? Praise the Lord that He is good in small issues and Big issues. Nothing is impossible for Him for He is I M POSSIBLE!!! Praise the Lord!!! Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!! Amen and Amen!!!

2 comments:

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Steph

Very ministered by your sharing.

God is giving you favour with the other moms and kids, so that you can point them to Jesus :-D

Anonymous said...

hi! i was really blessed by your blogs. as i was searching for something in the internet, i came across your blogspot.i can sense your deep relationship with our Father God. how i wish to be your friend. God bless you!