Friday, September 16, 2022

My ex

Don’t know why this morning when I was showering, thoughts of my ex leaning on my support came into my thoughts. 

In his life, he has a very strong personality and most of time, he doesn’t need me. 

My first time to Sweden to met him in northern Sweden, he led me to do some sightseeing and drove from his work town towards Stockholm and then on the way to southern Sweden where his family is. 

Half way through, he turned to tell me he lost his way. So he ask me how. 27 years ago, GPS wasn’t developed yet. 

I asked him if he know the way back, he replied, ‘yes’. Then I told him to go to where he knows. Then he rerouted and we managed to reach his mum’s home. 

Another time in New Zealand, we visited southern NZ and in such a neighbourhood, the houses are built on very steep slopes. 

My ex was contemplating whether to drive up the slope. He asked me if he should. I questioned him if the car we rented had the power to go up. He replied, ‘should be’. Then I told him to do it. He controlled the car slowly and we managed to reach the top of the slope. It was a nice conquest. 

Another time he was having a work issue that he was at his weakness, I comforted him and he was comforted. 

These were the only 3 times that he needed me; in those years together. 

So, such a strong self man, that can function by himself most of the time, he doesn’t really need me. 

No comments: